One-Way Glass. Why didn't RC do this with Oasis?

I'm on the 5/8 sailing on Oasis in a D1 and I was talking with a friend who is taking NCL Epic in July so I did a little reading up on Epic. The new "single" type cabins which are inside the inside cabins and are across from each other and divided by a corridor with a window facing out onto it. Says the person IN the cabin can see out to the corridor but those in the corridor cannot see into the cabins. Makes sense to me.

From what I've read of the Boardwalk cabins, etc., on Oasis those facing the inside of the ship, that you CAN see inside the cabins from one side of the ship to the other. SO, why didn't RCCL use the same kind of glass where one can see out but you can't see in?

Does anyone know? I just got thinking about that and it would only make sense to install that kind of glass, but you got me?!

Anyone know?

One way mirrors require a certain light environment in order to function properly. For these windows on the Epic to function the cabins have to stay darker while the hallway is brightly lit. Those conditions can not be sustained in outside venues. At night if the BW or CP is dark and the cabin has it's light on your going to see right in regardless of the glass type. The light may not even be right for it to function during the day.

Archived