LEGEND- W. Carribean --ship for young adults? Plus good shore snorkeling excursions?

goingtosnorkel

You picked a great ship & itinerary!

18 is a hard age for cruising...too old for the organized kids programs, but too young to drink. Going to have to peruse the capers (daily newsletter of all the activities) and find what interests them.

As far as a "good" balcony is concerned, look at the deck plans on Carnival's site and maybe choose one that is close to where you may spend the most time. We like aft cabins because it's a straight shot up to the adult pool and a straight shot down to the dining room. The pool activities take place at the main pool...midship. Be careful about cabins on Panorama deck 8. Although I had no problem, some people complained about hearing chairs scraping if they were right under one of the pool areas. Most of the cabins are pretty much identical...just a difference in balcony size.

Regarding the excursions, go to the Ports of Call section of the boards and you will find tons of info on excursions. I would recommend Stingray City and snorkel tour in Grand Cayman...quite the experience! 2 companies come to mind....Captain Marvin's and Nativeway.

Chankanaab in Coz is very nice...quick cab ride from the port. You can do Dolphin swims there if you wish (awesome!) or just enjoy their whole park/beach and snorkeling for around $18 each. You can find alot if info about Coz at CozumelInsider dot com.

There is ziplining in Belize and Roatan. Roatan is a beautiful island...see as much as you can!

Again, check the ports of call threads....a wealth of info out there. Have a great cruise!!!:)

I just returned from the Legend and traveled with a 19 and 20 year old. It is a tough age but they had a blast. They loved the line dances (so did I!) the shows, going to the clubs for dancing. The Medusa's Lair Club seemed to be a older crowd but my two got the whole crowd out on the dance floor once the D.J. switched to "their" kind of music (they were the only ones on the dance floor with the "old" people just watching at first.)

The Sting Rays were great in Grand Cayman, Senor Frogs and Margaritaville in GC were fun and crazy to visit (they can drink there so watch out.) There is also Senor Frogs in Cozumel and another fun bar right where you get off the ship that was quite entertaining. The girls had fun with us doing the "red team" vs "blue team" contest that ends in bath robes on the Lido Deck. The band that played was fantastic and ended at 12:30 that night.

There were not a lot of young adults on board, despite it being spring break, but the girls had a blast. I was surprised how content they were to just hang out with us. We all loved the Cruise Director Weeeee Jimmy and he kept things hopping. And, of course, they wanted to sleep in to noon on sea days!

Stingray city in Grand Cayman was AWESOME! I don't think I'd ever NOT do it if I went back. We used Captain Marvin's and they were excellent! We also snorkeled in Belize. It wasn't near as awesome as in Grand Cayman. In Grand Cayman with Captain Marvin's they took you to 1 or 2 snorkel spots as well as Sting Ray City. The reef was much shallower in Grand Cayman in the areas we were in so you could see everything really up close and didn't have to "search" for cool things, the fish and corals were right next to you and you could see everything. In Belieze, we went with SeaSports Belize the first time, and it was really neat, but everything was a lot deeper and the guide had to point most things out. It was nice as it was just 2 of us with 1 guide so it was really personalized. Our second time we used coral breezes and there it was a small group (maybe 6-8), but we had to travel a LONG way to get there. The reef area was better than with SeaSports Belize, but they guides were REALLY great! Our husbands rode with to the destination, but then went fishing and had a good time too. So.... as we enjoyed both, I definately would snorkel in Grand Cayman if you only choose one.

Archived