POESIA Review 03.20.2010 Day 3 ( Not as long. . )

vijoge

Day 3 We got up as usual to watch the sunrise and then decided to go the the dining room for breakfast instead of our usual buffet. I'm not going to mention food at this point except to say that we prefer the buffet for breakfast.

We didn't make any plans for San Juan as our brochure listed our arrival time as being 5PM. I thought this was probably great for those looking to experience the nightlife of San Jun but since we were travelling with our granddaughters we knew that wasn't something we were going to be able to do. We had looked into a Casa Bacardi tour but they close at 4:30 PM. So when we arrived in port a full three hours earlier than we anticipated we found ourselves all dressed up with nowhere to go! We ended up taking a tour of San Juan which was pretty nice and only cost $20 pp. This was with San Juan Happy Tours and I think we managed to hit a lot of the highlights in the two hours were were on the tour. Our guide was a lot of fun and we had a good time. We went to Old San Juan, New San Juan, El Morro, a beach, and the Casa Don Q, which included a free pina colada or strawberry daiquiri or other rum drink. We walked around Old San Juan for a bit, ate some lunch at a nearby restaurant, took some nice photos, and returned to the ship as night was falling. We had a good day, but would have planned to do more had we known we would be arriving in port so early. I think if MSC has one noticeable weakness it is in the shore excursion area.

We were really tired so opted to skip the dining room and ate a bite in the buffet. We didn't attend the show or other entertainment this day and made it an early night.

Vijoge, I noticed you have not posted your review on the MSC cruise review page. Rather than posting it in the forum where it will be lost way below the newer posts in a couple weeks, you should put it all together in a full review where we will be able to read it even next year.

Archived