POESIA Review 03.20.2010 Day 4 ( St. Maarten/St. Martin)

vijoge

We arrived in Philipsburg about 10 AM. Disembarkation was easy as this time we had the foresight to avoid the massive crowd on deck 6 and go directly to deck 4. This makes it much quicker to get off the ship and it didn't seem as if too many people knew you can do this as there was no line at all.

The kids were clamoring to go to the beach so we caught a taxi at the pier and took them to Bikini Beach on Orient Bay. It's beautiful beach with comfortable beach chairs ($7 each) and large beach umbrellas ($4) to keep the hot Caribbean sun at bay. Taxi to the beach was $28 for the four of us and we asked our driver to return for us at 3 PM. He did, and right on time, too. Showers are available for free, as is the bathroom/changing room. The water here was a little rough for our non-swimming grandchildren but they had good time playing in the surf with grandpa . We saw lot of parasailers, a few bosoms, a couple of bare bottoms, and frequent sunburns. There is a restaurant here, a tapas place, but the prices are in euros and extremely expensive. I probably would have enjoyed the food but the Picky Kids would not, so they had ice cream and we waited to eat when we got back on the ship.

Everyone was exhausted fter all the sun and sea so we grabbed a quick dinner at the buffet and lounged around on pool deck the rest of the evening. Surprisingly, we managed to stay up for the Party under the Stars, which turned out to be a lot of fun. One of the entertainment staff, a really hot young Italian, asked my 12 y/o granddaughter to dance, and I think she fell a little bit in love before the dance was over. This was actually her first trip on the dance floor with anyone, ever, and he was so sweet to her. She still blushes when we mention it.

We enjoy people-watching so this was a perfect opportunity. Later in the cruise they showed the video from the party on TV and we appeared in it a lot simply because we were sitting right at the edge of the dance floor. Had I realized that I would have dressed better! LOL

It was a good day.:)

Archived