POESIA Review 03.20.2010 Day 7 Nassau

vijoge

I didn't pre-plan anything for Nassau because we have been there several times and we just planned to show the girls a bit of the town and then go to the beach. Unfortuntely, it was 94 degrees and very humid, which meant that I promptly got sick! So we went back to the cool comfort of the Poesia. The girls headed for the pool and once I was feeling better we made our one and only foray into the jacuzzi. There were a couple of other people in there but it wasn't crowded as most people were in port. We had a good conversation discussing previous cruises and compring this cruise with othere ships and other lines.

We had intended to attend the show and then dinner in the dining room but all this vacationing finally got the better of my 12 y/o granddaughter and her attitude took a southern nosedive from which there was no return. So David and the 10 y/o finished the evening as planned and I had dinner in our cabin with Miss-I-Hate-Everyone-And-Everything-And-My-Life-Sucks-And-How-Can-You-Do-This-To-Me. Needless to say she went to bed early!

Hi vi.

Thanks for a superb review. Most refreshing for a change. You did a great job in accentuating the positive. I get so tired of reading the negative here, that this rekindles my faith in the human spirit.

Dw & i are taking the daughter & her family on the xmas cruise. Gd's are 5 & 2. Looking forward to that one. In the meantime, we're doing the poesia trans/atl on apr 27th. I must say that i'm feeling more comfortable with it since your review. We're the type of people that take every day in stride & try to make the best of it no matter what.

Thanks again, lou

Thanks. I decided when we left that I would come back and tell it like it was, good or bad. We had a great time and the problems others have related were non-issues on our cruise, at least for us. Have a great time on your TA-I'm jealous. Had I known we were going to enjoy the Poesia so much I would have booked the B2B. I was so envious of the people who were staying on for the Western route.

Sorry, I don't know. I saved all the Daily Programs but I tossed the shore excursion info.

Looking at the Daily Program, they list assembly points for excursions on the front page. There are five listed:

NAS03 Athol Island Snorkel

NAS02 Discover Atlantis

NAS01 Panoramic Tour

NAS04 Glassbottom Boat

NAS05 Seahorse Sailing Adventures

Really glad to hear that you had a great time. Loved reading all the various instalments of your review. You write so well - it is truly enjoyable to read. had to smile at the bit about your grandaughter having a strop on the last day. My niece did something similar when I had her in Venice ( evidently I was the worst Autie in the world that day!). There is just no reasoning with them when they get in to that "mood" or if there is, I've not found the right way of handling it yet!

There is just no reasoning with them when they get in to that "mood" or if there is, I've not found the right way of handling it yet!

Me neither!

This one tends to be a bit of a drama queen even on a good day, and there are times when she carries it to the extreme. She's not like her sister, who can be cajoled out of a funk with a bit of humor and hug.

I gave her the opportunity to choose to be pleasant and told her if she didn't we would be spending the night alone in the cabin as she was not going to spoil anyone else's evening. She scowled at me and made it clear nothing was going to change anytime soon so back to the cabin we went. I'm sure part of it was due to being over-tired as she went to sleep almost immediately and didn't wake up until morning. Exhaustion coupled with pre-pubescent hormones is a recipe for a difficult day.

I'm enjoying reading your reviews. It's nice to hear reviews from positive people. I am also laughing about your "granddaughter experience." This is so familiar to me and I'm sure many others. Some day, you'll hear them tell about the wonderful cruise they had.

Wanted to congratulate you on your wonderful segments, read them all and kick myself for not imitating your style of narrative for my review.

We were on the Poesia for 14 nights Feb 20-March 6, and enjoyed our family cruise. As I often state, if you are a positive person, nothing will stop you from enjoying your cruise.

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for your lovely daily reviews. I really enjoyed "cruising" with you, if only through your words :)

We are booked on the 2010 Christmas Cruise to Western Caribbean, which will be extra merry since we'll be getting married while at port in Key West. There are 21 of us booked so far, including 7 children.

After reading your review, I am even more excited, if that is actually possible!

Take good care,

We are booked on the 2010 Christmas Cruise to Western Caribbean, which will be extra merry since we'll be getting married while at port in Key West.

Oh, Key West! I love Key West! Wht a great place to get married!! Have a great cruise.

And thanks to everyone for the kind comments.

Archived