Car rental from Port Canaveral to Airport(MCO)

osucruise

We get in really late the night before a cruise and will probably taxi to hotel-Radisson. We will probably drink on flight in and do not want to rent a car. But we get back to port after cruise at 8am and our flight does not leave until like 3:30 so we would like to site see around cocoa beach. Since we have luggage we are thinking of maybe renting a car after cruise for that time so we can go eat and not worry about that. Does anyone know best way to do this? We do not want to carry luggage around all day, nor spend 5 hours at the airport. Is there any places at port to rent a car? I have googled but have having trouble finding.

Thanks,

Do you have that coupon code or how you found it? Assuming it was via the internet.

Once again I appreciate it. And if you suggest any dining in the area or sites to kill a few hours let me know.

You can get a coupon code thru the goldpoints site from the Radison. If you don't have a card it is free and helps with the Raddisson and Avis. I am driving down from Ga and I am renting a car thru Avis cheap and I am also staying at the Radisson.

Thanks,

Do you have that coupon code or how you found it? Assuming it was via the internet.

Once again I appreciate it. And if you suggest any dining in the area or sites to kill a few hours let me know.

I just did google searches for renatl car codes until I found one that gave me a price I liked.

There are a lot of good restarants in the area. My favorite is Florida's Seafood. Some other good ones are Grill's, Durango's, and Dixie Crossroads

We used Budget and it worked out great. We found a Budget Walmart discount code that saved us $10.00 for the day. When you leave the ship, there is a Budget van that will pick you up and take you for a five-minute ride to the agency.

We get in really late the night before a cruise and will probably taxi to hotel-Radisson. We will probably drink on flight in and do not want to rent a car. But we get back to port after cruise at 8am and our flight does not leave until like 3:30 so we would like to site see around cocoa beach. Since we have luggage we are thinking of maybe renting a car after cruise for that time so we can go eat and not worry about that. Does anyone know best way to do this? We do not want to carry luggage around all day, nor spend 5 hours at the airport. Is there any places at port to rent a car? I have googled but have having trouble finding.

Don't take a taxi to port it's very expensive!!! Look into a shuttle like Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Travelynx. If you're getting into MCO after 10PM, you may wish to look into a hotel near the airport or the Hyatt at the airport, then take a shuttle to the port the next morning. You can get a reasonably priced hotel near MCO versus spendingmore $$$ at PC for what will be in reality less than 12 hours.

Returning, I agree with KC Travel...go to the "New I work in Port Canaveral" thread on the Florida Departures board (where this might get moved to) and in post #5 there are links and information on all car rental companies and shuttles operating in Port Canaveral.

• 1 month later...
We used Budget and it worked out great. We found a Budget Walmart discount code that saved us $10.00 for the day. When you leave the ship, there is a Budget van that will pick you up and take you for a five-minute ride to the agency.

Is the Budget van there for anyone that has a confirmed reservation for that day after the cruise or do you need to put in a shuttle request?

BTW just booked Budget pick up at MCO and deliver to Cape Canaveral for our next cruise and then the day of debarkation booked the reverse. With all taxes it worked out to only $30 each direction (Intermediate car). NOT BAD!! Didn't even use any codes. That was just the straight up price.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived