Oceania and Kids

brazilgirl

I know Oceania is not a "kid-friendly" line , etc , etc...no rock climbing , no kid´s club etc.

I am obsessed by an itinerary on one of Oceania´s brand new ships ( British Isle/Norway itinerary) .It is incredibly port intensive , so the kiddos would be doing plenty.

I am wondering if anyone has ever been on Oceania with kids or grandkids , or have you observed other children while cruising on this line?I´d appreciate any input.

Please , no flaming for considering taking our kids with us.

While they are certainly not "perfect angels" , they are well -rounded , very well -traveled kids and I am very aware and respectful of their limitations. Just want to get a "hold" on this cruiseline.

Thanks!

Kim

At the time of this particular cruise , they will be 14 , 11 and 7. They enjoy reading , playing games and watching movies in the stateroom when necessary.

They have a lot of travel experience ( last cruises: Baltics , Western Med , Anarctica/South America and Caribbean).

Kim

• 11 months later...

I ended up booking the Celebrity Xpedition Galapagos cruise.....we are spending a precruise week in Ecuador at historic haciendas and are going to horseback ride in the Andes. We leave at the end of June.

We are really excited!

I am still curious about Oceania too...let´s see what the future holds.

Kim

I ended up booking the Celebrity Xpedition Galapagos cruise.....we are spending a precruise week in Ecuador at historic haciendas and are going to horseback ride in the Andes. We leave at the end of June.

We are really excited!

I am still curious about Oceania too...let´s see what the future holds.

Kim

Wow, sounds like quite the adventure! Can't wait hear how it goes. Do report back.

N.

P.S. Want to adopt me? :D

I am 11 years old (silly I'm on cruise critic, but I love to travel) and I have been onboard the Oceania MArina. It is a nice ship, but nI would get bored from time to time. If you are going for destinations, i say you should do it, as long as there are lots of ports

Archived