Best chance for a table for 4 on the Esctasy...TD or ATD?

cwn

We have cruised many times on other lines, but this is our first time on Carnival. We have always had second seating TD with a table for two or back when our kids were home a table for 6. In Aug, my husband and I and two of our grandchildren, boys (cousins) 9 and 12 (first cruise for both) will do a 5 day fun filled together time on the Ecstasy. The boys are good friends and are really excited!!!

We want a table for just the four of us. We don't see the boys often. When we are all together, the family dinner is always a special time to talk over the day and plans for the next day. I signed up for second seating as we like to have the same servers each night and we (kids too) normally eat late at home. But since we can't request a table size, I am having second thoughts.

To be sure of a table for 4, should I change to ATD? Will it be crowded at 8ish?

Personally I think you'd have a great ability to get a table for 4 with late seating.

I've never had a problem on Ecstasy sized ships.

Just make sure that you, ask your TA or PVP to put the request in your "notes" section of your reservation.

The particular Maitre D' of your cruise may, or may not get this and read it - but it helps if they do.

Also, once you get on board - just doublecheck in the Daily Carnival Newspaper that will be in your cabin upon arrival, where it will show the time to meet the Maitre D' in the dining room.

It will usually be between 2 PM to 3:30 PM approximately.

Go there ASAP, and check your table assignment with the Maitre D'.

There are usually quite a few 6 Tops that can be turned into 4 Tops at your request. Very easy to do. Especially for Late Seating - where there are far more options available.

Enjoy!

Archived