Whale watching from the ship, Vancouver to Hawaii

My husband and I are really interested in seeing whales on our trip in mid September sailing out of Vancouver, but we won't have time to do any of the day trips out of the city. Has anyone sailed during that time and seen any from the ship? Anyone know of a good, reputable company to take an excursion with in Hawaii? We are sailing with Carnival and thus far I have not seen any whale watching tours on their excursion list.

Any help from veterans of Hawaii would be very much appreciated!

I seem to be pouring cold water over your wishes to see whales...there is a possibility that you may see some killer whales (Orcas) in the Strait of Juan de Fucia but that will depend largely upon what time your ship sails from Vancouver, ie daylight. There is also possibility of seeing whales on your crossing to Hawaii or even in amongst the Islands. However such sightings are a by chance occurance and the ship will not go out of its way to get close to any whales. Good luck and have a great cruise.:)

I appreciate the honesty Putterdude. No way could you throw rain on a cruise, it's too much fun. The poor guy just loves whales and has many questions for me that I don't the answers to.

Thanks for your kindness!

Archived