Just back from the Jewel

want2retire

We had a great time and really enjoyed the ship. Lots to do. Staff the friendliest I have encountered. We preferred the buffet to the dining rooms...more variety of food. Great fresh veggies and fruit! Very clean ship. The shows were good, especially Cirque Bijou -- get in line to go in by 6:45 or 8:45 to get the good seats. Sit in rows 7 or beyond for the best views. A cabin on our floor had a "water" problem and at one time water was coming out from under the door...which they were sopping up with pool towels! I wasn't too crazy about using my pool towel after that! Most of the cruise they had a blower in the hall to keep the floor dry. Other than that....great cruise!

Hi, Sailing on the Jewel on May 1st. Water problems could cause a problem. :rolleyes:

We have sailed on the Dawn and Gem before but this is our first time we will be on the Jewel. Also taking our 6 yr old Granddaughter with us.. her first cruise. She is very excited about going to the kids crew club.

Hope the Jewel lives up to the times that we had on the Dawn and Gem.

:)

I wonder which cabin you were in on the Norwegian Jewel. I've had no problems with the cabins that I've been in on the ship from cabin 8032, 9038 and 9144. However, there was a water issue in someone else's cabin onboard during the 3/14 sailing that I was aware of. I wonder if you were in the same cabin / suite?

Anyway, glad to hear all things considered that you had a fantastic time on the Norwegian Jewel. She's my new home away from home. The crew onboard is fantastic! A lot of them are moving to the Epic though soon. :cool:

Best crew at sea IMHO! :D

I wonder which cabin you were in on the Norwegian Jewel. I've had no problems with the cabins that I've been in on the ship from cabin 8032, 9038 and 9144. However, there was a water issue in someone else's cabin onboard during the 3/14 sailing that I was aware of. I wonder if you were in the same cabin / suite?

Anyway, glad to hear all things considered that you had a fantastic time on the Norwegian Jewel. She's my new home away from home. The crew onboard is fantastic! A lot of them are moving to the Epic though soon. :cool:

Best crew at sea IMHO! :D

Best crew we ever had, but the Sun is a close second.

Nita

Hi, Sailing on the Jewel on May 1st. Water problems could cause a problem. :rolleyes:

We have sailed on the Dawn and Gem before but this is our first time we will be on the Jewel. Also taking our 6 yr old Granddaughter with us.. her first cruise. She is very excited about going to the kids crew club.

Hope the Jewel lives up to the times that we had on the Dawn and Gem.

:)

I will be on this sailing as well as part of a 7 cabin group cruise. I am looking forward to the trip and hopefully a nice dry cabin. hahaha

We were on deck 10 in 10061 and 10059. The water problem was in a balcony cabin just down the hall...so I'm guessing about 10078 or higher. When you come off the elevator (purple carpet) and turned to the left down the hall it was about 6 cabins down. It wasn't a BAD odor, but you could smell it a bit.

Archived