Jewel Upsell to Villa

KevinsCruising

Hi,

Would you upgrade a family of 4 from a mini suite to a Villa for $2120.00 more. Why?

I have the opportunity but wife does not want to pay the extra money. Also have the chance to upsell from mini suite to Penthouse for $1040.00 more. Is that worth it or stick with what I have. :confused:

Thanks

Wow I think that if you have the extra money you should do one of them. I would LOVE to stay in the Villa so I might have to go with that one. However, the penthouse would be awesome for a family of 4. The perks alone are well worth it. These cabins are gorgeous and you and your dw would LOVE the extra space and privacy this cabin offers. Plus the use of the private courtyard villa.. OH MY..

The courtyard villas allow access to the small pool and courtyard area which is a private area just for those cabins and the Owners suites. The cv has an extra bedroom and bath for the kids and the gv has 3 bedrooms. Run to your phone as fast as you can and say YES!

In the end, it's going to be a question only you can decide. I surprised everyone and upgraded the four of us from an AF to the Courtyard Villa (A3) for $1,750 and have no regrets! The Courtyard alone was worth every penny. The cruise within a cruise was amazing and hard to top! :-)

Its a 7 day cruise.

Its for a garden villa.

The other for a penthouse.

I know free breakfast and lunch at Cagneys is included for entire cruise.

Still cant break the wife.....just emailed her some pix of the penthouse. That may be the only one she may consider. :cool:

Its a 7 day cruise.

Its for a garden villa.

The other for a penthouse.

I know free breakfast and lunch at Cagneys is included for entire cruise.

Still cant break the wife.....just emailed her some pix of the penthouse. That may be the only one she may consider. :cool:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! What an awesome deal and talk about a cruise of a life time! Let us know if she breaks.. :D

Personally, I would jump at it if I felt I had the finances to do it. The mini-suite is fine, but, at the end of the day, you are all in the same room and bathroom.

I don't know which Penthouse you are offered, but no matter what you would get more space plus butler, concierge, meals at Cagney's, VIP boarding and lots more pampering. If it is an AB then you'll have an extra bedroom, bath and living room. Well worth $1000. (DH said our upgrade from a minisuite to the Owner's Suite for a 4-day was the best $1000 he ever spent!)

As to a Villa (be it Courtyard or Garden), you'll get at least one additional bathroom and bedroom, plus a living room. In addition you'll have the perks above and the Courtyard area with special treats and a designated butler to bring you meals, drinks, etc.

Drawbacks: 1) In addition to the extra $1000-2000 in fare, you'll need to budget additional gratuities for the butler or concierge based on how much you and your family use them. Search the boards for an appropriate amount. 2) You and your family will be SPOILED and it will be hard not to cruise in a suite again. Trust me, I know whereof I speak! ;)

You posted while I was crafting my lengthy response :rolleyes:. For the GV, I'd jump on it, no question. You don't get that call very often. Even for the Penthouse, I think it's worth it. Good luck, and whatever happens, don't look back.

I forgot to answer why but there are so many perks included not to mention the 3 beds, 3.5 baths etc etc....Free soda & water, 6 bottles of liquior, breakfast & lunch at Cagneys, show perks etc etc...

I priced out your sailing for a family of 4 and the best price I saw was $16,000...

I would go for it, not tell the wife and surprise her!! : ) : ) or would she kill you?

We are going the week prior to your sailing and we just upgraded so I would say yes.....but would you mind me asking what you paid for the AF to start with? DId you get a good rate on that cabin catagory?

The rate was very good.... 979 for the first two and 249 for the 3rd and 4th. After all is said and done a little under 3000 for the 4 of us.

I forgot to answer why but there are so many perks included not to mention the 3 beds, 3.5 baths etc etc....Free soda & water, 6 bottles of liquior, breakfast & lunch at Cagneys, show perks etc etc...

I priced out your sailing for a family of 4 and the best price I saw was $16,000...

I would go for it, not tell the wife and surprise her!! : ) : ) or would she kill you?

WAIT A SECOND ... ARE YOU SAYING THERE IS FREE DRINKS INVOLVED IN THE UPGRADE. SODA AND LIQUOR (MAYBE BEER ?? ) ... EVEN IN THE PENTHOUSE???????????? :eek:

Oh, just saw what you paid and for an additonal $2,210, I would go for it if you can afford it....Approx $5,000 for the GV is really, really, cheap and this offer may not happen again....

Invite 4 more peeps since they would only pay 5-8th price...

She won't go that much.... my only chance is the penthouse. I am hoping the DVD player and DVD library may hook her in. She loves to watch movies. If any of you have pictures of the AB penthouse other then the NCL ones...please post so I can email them to her....time is running out.

:o

It is hard to any of us to tell if this would be financially right for you and your family. The extra cost could be half the cost of an additional cruise. Maybe your wife is right. Good luck.

I'm praying for an upsell like that on my Dawn cruise this fall! I understand why you don't want to go that high but I've been setting money from OT aside for that past year just in case!:o

No matter which way you go.....you're certain to have a good time!:cool:

NayRN

Hope these help. Here is a layout to show her of the AB/S4 courtyard villa. The pictures below (besides the layout) are only of your cabin and not of the extra bedroom/bathroom which would be for your kids. Like an inside cabin. Also please keep in mind the pictures really do this cabin NO justice. The bathroom is simply incredible with windows over the tub and also in the seperate shower!!

COURTYARDSM.gif

i.php?a=Norwegian+Jewel%2FCat+Courtyard+Penthouse%2FStateroom+14514&i=stateroom14514h.jpg&s=595&cw=&ch=&q=90

i.php?a=Norwegian+Jewel%2FCat+Courtyard+Penthouse%2FStateroom+14514&i=stateroom14514e.jpg&s=595&cw=&ch=&q=90

i.php?a=Norwegian+Jewel%2FCat+Courtyard+Penthouse%2FStateroom+14514&i=stateroom14514.jpg&s=595&cw=&ch=&q=90

i.php?a=Norwegian+Jewel%2FCat+Courtyard+Penthouse%2FStateroom+14514&i=stateroom14514b.jpg&s=595&cw=&ch=&q=90

i.php?a=Norwegian+Jewel%2FCat+Courtyard+Penthouse%2FStateroom+14514&i=stateroom14514c.jpg&s=595&cw=&ch=&q=90

Archived