Enough Time in Turtle Farm?

Blackeyes24

I'm considering doing an excursion with Capt Marvin tours. I'm going to do the short snorkeling trip along with the city tour, which includes 45 minutes at the Turtle Farm. What I am wonder is if 45 minutes is enough time at Turtle Farm? I love turtles and even have one as a pet so I wouldnt want to feel rushed.

I know lots of you have been through various tour companies so please tell me if you think 45 minutes is enough?

Yes, that will be enough time. On this tour you will not have access to the swimming pool or the lagoon. You will just see the turtles. The area with the turtle tanks is pretty small, but still a lot of fun. 10-15 min holding the turtles will probably be enough. A few more min to feed the larger turtles, a quick look into the hatchery (they wont have any eggs to see until May or June) and 15 min at the restaurant to have a Caybrew or try a few turtle nuggets. Plenty of time.

We did the land tour through Captain Marvins--four of us in one van--our guide said she would be waiting for us outside the turtle farm in 30 minutes, but it actually took us 45 minutes. We joined a tour that was just starting off---tour guide described the farm's history, turtle mating (my husband wants to be a turtle :), life span, eating habits, etc. There are various different cement holding tanks with different age/size turtles---in the first tank, the turtles were huge. They let you hold the smaller turtles, and the guide gave us some turtle "kibbles" to feed them. There is a small outdoor food facility where you can buy something to eat. The turtle hatchery was closed for renovations. They have a really nice gift shop---my daughter would have liked to have spent some more time in there, but we rushed her because we were already 15 minutes late.

Archived