Camp Carnival Dinner nights?

Oshkosh

Hi, when we went on Royal C, they had nights with dinners for kids; does Carnival do that as well? is there any way to predict which nights before the cruise? we have a 5 yr old going on the liberty; we will all have dinner most nights but we want to do the steakhouse one night with adult friends. I can't figure out what night and what time to reserve. thanks Oshkosh:o

On our last couple of cruises they have had Camp Carnival dinner every night except the first. Dinner starts at 6; from there, they will go right to the evening Camp Carnival activities. We usually have dinner one night at the steakhouse while our youngest son has dinner with Camp Carnival - we make reservations for 7:00, which gives us plenty of time to have dinner before Camp ends at 10 (we don't use the babysitting service too often).

On our last couple of cruises they have had Camp Carnival dinner every night except the first. Dinner starts at 6; from there, they will go right to the evening Camp Carnival activities. We usually have dinner one night at the steakhouse while our youngest son has dinner with Camp Carnival - we make reservations for 7:00, which gives us plenty of time to have dinner before Camp ends at 10 (we don't use the babysitting service too often).

They cordon (spelling?) off an area of the Lido deck buffet and you drop them off there - they have a sign in sheet, just like dropping them off at Camp. Somehow, they magically end up at Camp Carnival (or whereever their age group goes - the 9 to 11 year olds meet in the oddest places )where you can pick them up later.

If they need dinner, the camp activity guide says "Food is served until 6:20" so they have to be there before 6:20. Between 6 and 7, this is camp carnival. The staff is not at the regular Camp during this hour so if you are dropping them off, you have to drop them off at the Lido deck dinner operation.

This is a great way to get the reluctant kid to go to camp so you can go do grownup stuff. My kids didn't want to "go to camp" but they were fine being dropped off for dinner and then brought to camp activities from there....

Yes, it has been our experience that they have a kids dinner every night but the first at 6:00pm. The menu is posted in the Camp Capers. There are not usually many kids there. Personally, I don't send my son to kids dinner because I like to know what and how much he eats. We eat late, so we either take him to the buffet first or order room service for him, send him to camp and then have an adult dinner while he is in camp. It's good to have options.

Archived