When Are Rooms Assigned...

johndmoser

No, I don't mean how far in advance, but I was wondering what time of day HAL assigns room numbers for the guarantee category? Do they do it any time of the day or night, or do they wait and post it overnight?

Just curious...

No, I don't mean how far in advance, but I was wondering what time of day HAL assigns room numbers for the guarantee category? Do they do it any time of the day or night, or do they wait and post it overnight?

Just curious...

We've gotten several of ours between 7:00p and 8:00p Eastern time, which would be 4:00p to 5:00p Pacific ... the end of the first-shift day. But - we've had others show up at other times of the day too. :)

It can be at any time during the day - I've checked some evenings at 8pm, only to have it assigned two hours later.

I would imagine their inventory system is automated - a computer is far more likely to be slotting you into an assigned cabin than an actual human being.

how far in advance of you sailing?
They start at about three weeks out, and the peak of the bell curve seems to be about 10 days. So far our max was 18 days and our min was 3. The majority were 10 or 11 days out. Waiting on another ... in about 166 days, but who's counting? ;)

Archived