Opportunity for Ballroom Dancing at the Atlantica

avantgarde

:)Hello fellow cruisers,

I am organizing for a big group of mostly ballroom dancers to sail on the Atlantica. Will there be a lot of opportunity to dance on this ship? How is the dance floor? The last time we picked the Fortuna and had a blast dancing. The music was continuous and oh so great.

Thank you.

The Atlantica is a smaller ship than the Fortuna and has a smaller dance floor (still huge by cruise ship standards), but the music policies are exactly the same. Most of the people from Toronto who've traveled on both said they preferred the Atlantica. I guess you missed the group that went at the beginning of March?

Hi Dancer Bob,

Thank you for the info. Which group went the beginning of March? I am hoping they would post more info so I can share it with my group. We are looking at going late this year. The Fortuna was great and we found a lot of opportunity for dancing. The music was awesome. They played everything. So, I was hoping the Atlantica will be the same or even better.

Hello Avante! Hope you are enjoying our beautiful Toronto weather (its unbelievable isnt it !).

I do not think you will have a problem. Atlantica, like all Costa ships are built in the European style. Almost every bar we went to had a dance floor plop right in the middle of the area. The musicians are also very flexible, in tune with the what the crowd wants, and always is up for suggestions/requests.

Hope that helps!!! Atlantica is a beautiful ship!

• 2 weeks later...

The group from Toronto went with Pat & Cathy from Famee Furlane. I keep telling the travel agent who does their arrangements about the trips not showing up when you search "ballroom dance cruise" and he keeps promising to fix his web site.

The "dance classes" the ship offers are taught by the cruise staff, and they're nothing but line dance classes- useless for real dancers.

Hello Dancer Bob,

Yes, I know Pat and Cathy. It is unfortunate that the travel agent who arranged for their trip has not posted anything on this site. It would have been very helpful.

We also find the dance classes at the Fortuna to be more of a line dance. We only went once and did not do it again. Wish there is a ballroom dance teacher on board who could actually give dance lessons even if they extra for it.

Thank you for the info Rothjer and Ruby Leigh. I am sure we will enjoy the Atlantica. We are now so looking forward to this. We had friends who went to MSC Poesia a week ago who were a little bit disappointed with the dancing bit. They said the band was not as good as the ones on the Costa ships.

Do you happen to have a photograph of the dance venues that you can share?

Thank you all so much.

Archived