Bungee Cord Size

RAVENZ

Hi All,

I have read on the boards that you should bring a bungee cord to kepp the balcony door open. I tried to search but couldn't find what size to bring and how you would secure the door to keep it open.

Any information would be helpful- we leave April 25th on the Pride.

Thanks so much!

Hi All,

I have read on the boards that you should bring a bungee cord to kepp the balcony door open. I tried to search but couldn't find what size to bring and how you would secure the door to keep it open.

Any information would be helpful- we leave April 25th on the Pride.

Thanks so much!

The cruise lines request that balcony doors not be kept open as it interfers with the air flow of the air conditioning system.kind of like at home we don't run the AC with the doors and windows open..

yeah...:rolleyes:

Anyway to answer your question, you should be fine with a 12-18" bungee cord.

Hope this helps :)

The one we take is about 24 inches.

...And it always boils down to a battle of inches.... :rolleyes: Alright everyone, whip out your bungie cords and let's see what you got. :eek::o lol

Thats why I like the spa deck cabins on the Glory/Valor. They are sliding doors and all u gotta do is put your balcony chair back against the handle and it stays open. To h*ll with the AC!!! I pay good money for that room and if I want it left open to hear the ocean then so be it :D

We brought a two ft bungee cord last year for our first balcony based on what we read on cruise critic. However we had an extended balociny and our cord ended up in the ocean during our first night. Extended baclonies need at least a three ft cord.:D

You don't need a bungee cord. Just use the door stop by the entry door and put it in the door jamb about half way up and it works fine. Just remember to close the balcony door when you open the door to the hall. Otherwise you get a wind tunnel effect and everything blows around.

We used the 24" green one from the Costco Multi Pack special. Standard Balcony on the Legend. What we found is when you open your door to the hallway, all of the air comes rushing through the cabin and out your balcony door causing a wind tunnel. The room service menu's would go flying, is quite the sight to see. Your room AC will shut off when the balcony door is open. But nothing like sleeping with the door open and listening to the sound of the ocean, it's great, slept like a baby. Here is some photo's, we hooked the hook underneath the partition of the balcony dividers and then around the door handle.

IMG_0603.jpg.9f8830d689e456e41508550386abca78.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg.0b6b9540f18429e910708a777d4de818.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg.68d503ef8b014ad51a9f5366b1f9637f.jpg

I am sure people could easily turn off the AC and just enjoy the warm breeze. No interference then.

Also, I saw someone mention here that they use a toothbrush and place it on the door jam ontop of the door. :cool:

Have a great curise.

• 2 weeks later...

My DH is laughing at me because I wrote down a bungee cord!!!!!! Do the suites have sliders on the Spirit, or regular balcony doors? We wont be letting out the cool air, because Alaska in MAy will be cool eneough I am sure on the balcony.

Archived