Tours?

oom1

Does anyone know if it fairly easy to just get off the ship and find a local to give a private tour for 2 of the various places as opposed to making reservations in advance? If the possiblity does exit, what type of prices to go to the pools and falls?

I know you may not get the great tour guide of a Lester or whomever, but I like the flexibility.

OOM1

oom1 there are hundreds of people standing outside the fence to take you on tours. I am not sure what they charge but trust me there will be no problem getting someone. If I could ask what do you mean by flexibility? I mean do you mean like time spent at one place, or where you want to go ?

I hope you enjoy Dominica as much as I did.

gina

Gina is correct that there are literally hundreds of tour guides waiting for your business just outside the docks. I was so glad we booked in advance because of this in the same breath. How do you determine which one is good or if they are reputable???

I would highly recommend booking via email with reynotours@hotmail.com

Just back from Dominica last month. Loved the island and especially loved our tour guide- Kurt. Yes, there are lots of guides at the dock but I would pick someone that has already been "tested".

You can email Kurt at tavernier_d@hotmail.com.

I'm sure he'll will be glad to customize the tour for you and will meet you at the dock. See my earlier review "Best Tour Guide- Kurt de Negotiator". I'm sure he'll be flexible on the pricing depending on what you want. He's the happiest person and will leave you smiling.

Elaine

how long to hear a response from kurt

i was wondering if i had the right email address i put a line between the tavernier and the d. tavernier_d@hotmail.com

is this correct? i sent him something yesterday

trying to book some kind of tour march 1st

does he advertise and therefore have a lot of people in his van?

i would like to go to titou gorge and some falls would he do this?

or does he have set tours. i am trying to avoid the cruise ship crowds that i heard can make some of those spots not as fun.

thanks for thr help

brian

I would say a day or 2 to hear from him. No, he doesn't advertise that I know of. The time I took the tour, there we 2 of us and 6 others. Wasn't very full considering the amount of room in the van and it wasn't as packed as a lot of others. The one thing I like was that he was able to accomodate the special requests of some while giving others the full tour. His just modified the schedule of where he stopped first. I talked to the others on our tour that just went to 2 places. Afterwards, they wish they had stayed because they had so much fun with Kurt.

Hi all,

I just have to tell you about a young man who took us around the beautiful island of Dominica.

Let me start at the beginning. I did my research here at CC. I heard that you could get a regular (ie: bus full of people who would be going to set destinations for a certain amount of time) tour right outside of the ship or you could walk a bit further to the gate and find a personal cab to show you the sights that you want to see and at your leisure.

Sorry folks but this was easier said than done!!

I was scared to death when I got to the gates. Hundreds, (yes really!) of people with signs and screaming "I take you!! I take you!!!" It is really an experience in itself. Our friends decided to go with the quietest..someone not screaming at us. He walked up to the security guard and asked who was safe to go with. She showed us the tag that the guides should have (i.d) and tag on their car. The guard pointed at a nice young man and that is how we found "Angus"! She said " he is good you go with him..."

Angus took us to his car (nice toyota 4dr) welcomed us and thanked us for choosing him! He asked us what we would like to do - we also asked him for suggestions for an amazing day in Dominica. Angus took us for a ride through town while we all decided on Tito Gorge and Trafalger Falls. Angus spent the entire day with us - taught us sooo much about the island as we drove through the winding roads of unspoiled rainforest. He waited for us to enjoy the sights and swimming/hiking at our leisure. If he saw me trying to take a picture from the car..he would pull off the road to let us enjoy the view and photo ops. He described life in general on the island, the beautiful rainforest, family life, school, you name it ..it was a personal experience that we will never forget. He only charged us 20.00 per person (we gave him a nice tip too) and that was all day! The day was priceless to us.

I am working on a trip review (which I will post later) but I must tell you I have his card with numbers to call for reservations. He does not have a computer but has a cell phone and home number - will greet you at the gates with a sign and for larger groups he has a friend that has a van who he refers groups to.

It was such an amazing day ..we couldn't have asked for a better guide and hope others will have such an experience.

Just posting what I noticed when I dug out the card from our luggage..(also a "one man show") Angus Tavernier's card says: ZOZE Angus Tavernier's Taxi Service. He said he refers larger groups (IE: those who have more than 4 ppl because he only has a small auto) to a "good friend" who has a bus/van to accomodate them. With the same name as what you posted - I thought perhaps that was his friend. Obviously, they both provide a memorable experience. Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Dominica two weeks ago and we use Reynotours and this was our second time using him and he is FANTASTIC!!! His email address is reynotours@hotmail.com.

He will take you anywhere you want to go. He will be waiting for you when you get off the ship. We paid 30$ each for a group of 4 and we were gone on the tour for 5 hours. He will work with you on the price if you can bring more people with you.

Any questions email me at im4whs@aol.com

• 3 weeks later...
BTW, I just looked at his card and Angus's last name is Tavernier...good people!

I am guessing that Kurt is who he refers his larger groups to!

Could you please provide a phone number or another way to contact Angus. My wife and I will be in Dominca at the end of March and would like to have a private tour with just the two of us if possible.

• 3 weeks later...

We are a group of 20 and are thinking of doing the Wacky Rollers Tour through Princess. Has anyone done this tour? Also, we have read that it is a 15 minute walk to Trafalgar Falls. Can anyone tell me what type of shoes you really need to wear? Do you need tennis shoes or will a good pair of sandals do?

Thanks for the help!

Pam

Archived