Travelling with teenagers on Thomson Spirit.

Has anyone travelled on the Spirit with teenagers? I need to know is there plenty to keep them occupied. Do they have a dedicated teen club, teen only excursions, disco etc. We are looking to travel some time after they break up from school at the end of June before they return in September, on one of the cruises incorporating the Greek Isles. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! :cool:

Has anyone travelled on the Spirit with teenagers? I need to know is there plenty to keep them occupied. Do they have a dedicated teen club, teen only excursions, disco etc. We are looking to travel some time after they break up from school at the end of June before they return in September, on one of the cruises incorporating the Greek Isles. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! :cool:

Sorry no dedicated teenagers club or teen only excursions - infact a brutally honest answer is there is in my opinion nowhere near enough for 90% of teenagers ( they are all different hence the 90% ). Outside the real / traditional main school holiday dates there are few children ( up to 15 kids at a guess ) and 80/90 % of those will be aged 10 or less.

We've only done the celebration with a teenager and they don't have a dedicated club or excursions or anything. In school holidays they do put a portion of the cruise news to teenagers and lay on a meet and greet in one of the bars, the first day, for them all to get to know each other and arrange games, sports etc that they then publish in the news for the next day. The assistant cruise director was really good at catering extra for them

They sort of found each other and made their own fun

Outside of holidays I am not sure, we've got our teenager with us at the end of June for 2 weeks on the Celebration and he's already made his mind up that he is going to go and seek out the cruise director to see what he can get arranged - they are usually quite good - if there are enough teenagers on board.

Hi there,

Thank you for your responses. You've both given us something to think about. I'm itching to book, but still waiting for confirmation of my husbands holiday dates from work. I was looking at the spirit as my husband and I have already travelled on the celebration a couple of years ago doing the Red sea cruise, but as this was without the kids it can be a completely different kind of holiday.

Our kids although incredibly noisy at home are very reserved and quiet around other kids and need a push to join in. Tiggertastic you mentioned the teen meet and greet, I'll have to make sure they go to this so they can try to make some friends.

Just had another look at the Thomson website at the Celebration, we can have 2 rooms for the price of all sharing 1 on the Spirit so we could end up back on the Celebration after all! It's a bit of a sqeeze with a 15 and 13 year old, we were just trying to cut costs.

Any other ideas with the teen on board thing would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely go for the 2 cabins then

As there is 3 of us, 2 cabins is expensive so we have to go for a suite to get us in without the drop down beds so the price gets hiked up in supplements.

On the celebration it was at 10am in the bar at the rear - on the first day at sea - for the teen meet and greet. That is where they held most of their activities during the day too.

Jan

Hi there,

Thank you for your responses. You've both given us something to think about. I'm itching to book, but still waiting for confirmation of my husbands holiday dates from work. I was looking at the spirit as my husband and I have already travelled on the celebration a couple of years ago doing the Red sea cruise, but as this was without the kids it can be a completely different kind of holiday.

Our kids although incredibly noisy at home are very reserved and quiet around other kids and need a push to join in. Tiggertastic you mentioned the teen meet and greet, I'll have to make sure they go to this so they can try to make some friends.

Just had another look at the Thomson website at the Celebration, we can have 2 rooms for the price of all sharing 1 on the Spirit so we could end up back on the Celebration after all! It's a bit of a sqeeze with a 15 and 13 year old, we were just trying to cut costs.

Any other ideas with the teen on board thing would be great.

I am not sure there is a teen meet and great on the Spirit but there was something of that nature on the Celebration which is under different ownership and does run slightly diferently - the big issue is out of school hols there will be few or no teenagers - most kids I have seen on Thomson tend to be up to age 12 out of school hols and even then there have only been up to 20 kids crossing all age groups from 3 to 16.

Archived