Dominica Tours w/ children

Morning glory

Hi all,

I've read about the great tour guides and fun you've had on this island, and need to decide if DH and I want to bring the kids along (ages 2 - 6) or leave them at the kids' camp. :confused:

Have you had experience with children on these tours (seems like a lot of driving) or seen others with their kids along? Maybe if I customize a tour with one of the operators you mention?

What do you think, from your experience?

Thanks!

Morning glory we took lester ponds tour in Dominica and I took my 13 yr old daughter. I think that the 2 yr old on this tour might get bored not sure about the 6 yr. It is a lot of driving and seeing the island and the hike to the falls is a bit of a hike so not sure if the 2 yr old could do it and not sure if I'd want to carry a 2 yr old on that one. But you could check and see with different tour operators there. The emerald pool was not a bad hike it was downhill and both were well worth it. Its just beautiful. I do know my daughter didn't want to go to the beach so she stayed in the van for the 30 mins or so we were there.

Gina

Thanks Gina! :)

I really want to take a tour - it sounds wonderful. I'll have to look more closely at Destiny's Carnival Camp, to make sure they'll take the kids during the entire length of the tour. Looks like I have more homework to do, but your comments were really helpful.

Christine

Morning Glory I can't remember what times they have the kids camp for that age. I know they had a shore excursion for teens in Dominica but maybe my daughter will remember seeing something. I have the paper for the teens times and activities but not for the smaller kids. I say if you can go on the tour you won't be disappointed. Lester is great and Dominica is a beautiful country.

I forgot when your going but I do know someone who is going in July and if that's before you go I bet she'd be happy to check the times and days they have kids camp open. let me know and I"ll ask her. And you never know maybe if you could get a group of others with smaller kids and their parents you could switch off and one stay with the kids and one go down then come up and let the other go. There is also a lookout and one of you could stop there with the 2 yr old and then the other could go down farther to the falls then come back and let the other go. It's only the falls that is the hike, the rest of the tour was a peice of cake. And there is stuff to look at while driving and if you gave the 6 yr old a camera maybe let them take pics that would entertain them.

gina

You're a doll for coming up with those suggestions for me! :D

We sail June 19, before your friend, but maybe someone else on these Boards will have some info on the younger children's camp before then. I'd like to reserve a spot, so don't know if I want to wait to see if I meet any other families on the cruise. (I mean, I want to meet other families ;) I just don't want to rely on it to plan my tour, KWIM??)

From what I can see, the camp is open on port days, I just need to find out if they give them lunch, or what.

Morning Glory check out the carnival main site. Under faq under under camp carnival program click it on and go down to toddlers. It says they have free play from 9am to 3pm on port days then 3pm to 6 they have scheduled activities. So if I am reading it right then there should be a place for the kids to stay and be supervised. But read it for yourself and see if I am reading it right. It also tells about the 6 to 8 yr olds time schedules and different activities. Hope this helps and if you need anymore ? answered I will try. My daughter says that there were small kids in the playroom durning port days .

Gina

Archived