Vision of the Seas - Deck 2, 3, Aft Facing Balcony?

Just saw how cheap the price is for the May '11 Baltic cruises on Vision and just can't decide whether to go cheap (not inside but ocean view) 2nd deck, up one on 3 or splurge for an aft facing balcony, which we usually get on all other cruises. Being this is May in the Baltics I'm thinking why spend the money (extra $775 PER PERSON, eek!) on the aft balcony when the weather may be too cold to enjoy it, from what I've read. SO, go cheap and do 2nd deck? Any downside to deck 2 mid ship on Vision? Have read the posts here but just can't make up my mind. Go with deck 3 with cabins above and below to cut down on noise? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just saw how cheap the price is for the May '11 Baltic cruises on Vision and just can't decide whether to go cheap (not inside but ocean view) 2nd deck, up one on 3 or splurge for an aft facing balcony, which we usually get on all other cruises. Being this is May in the Baltics I'm thinking why spend the money (extra $775 PER PERSON, eek!) on the aft balcony when the weather may be too cold to enjoy it, from what I've read. SO, go cheap and do 2nd deck? Any downside to deck 2 mid ship on Vision? Have read the posts here but just can't make up my mind. Go with deck 3 with cabins above and below to cut down on noise? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Is there anything cheap on Deck 4 right behind the Champagne Bar? That's what I would pick.

I have been on the vision twice both times in a inside cabin on deck two mid ship. It was very quite and the only people who were down here were people who had cabins on the deck. I don't think you can go wrong on #2 on teh Vision.

I wouldn't try for balcony...

I splurged for a balcony for my Alaska cruise in July, and it was cold... barely was outside.

My thought, if it's really nice, I'll just be on the pool deck. So much more cost effective, plus you'll be outside enough with the cool ports.

Therefore, I went with an inside room on deck 8 for $512. I would have gone even cheaper, but my husband has motion sickness and I need a room in the center of the ship. (He also prefers higher up on the ship.)

Which week are you looking at?

Archived