swimming with children who wear nappies??

We were on a cruise in Dec.A mother put her toddler in the pool with a swim diaper.Security told her to remove the child,she refused.It became a very heated argument.They pointed out the rules to her.She yelled she was not a USA citizen and the rules did not apply to her.Long story short the captain put her and the family off at the next stop.We were thankful to have them gone.

Glenneagle,

This is very off subject, but are Glenda and Joan?

Carol

Cruise ships get a lot of negative press when there's a viral or bacterial outbreak of some sort on a ship.

A lot of ships do not have the capabilities to use chemicals in their pools to sanitize the pool water since most pools are drained back into the ocean (they can't dispose of those chemicals in the ocean without having an impact on the environment)

Swim nappies will contain solid wastes but they won't stop the germs from those wastes from contaminating the water.

I'm sure the last thing the cruise line wants is some good old fashioned e.coli contaminating the pool water while people are walking out of the pool to eat lunch... munch on a pizza or something.

A lot of parents of toddlers recommend bringing along an inflatable pool for the children.

cynthia-rowley-pool.jpg

Although, if your child is old enough to start considering potty training, the cruise might be good incentive to start training!

thats funny. Are you assuming they dont use chemicals because it hurts the environment when drained into the sea, or did you read that?

If you assume, then you have been hoaxed. if you read it, you were lied too. Those ships do much much more damage when they drain the sewage out into the sea. Of course, nobody wants to address that.

J

Yes on Enchantment, while still in port at one stop one family pulled the kids clothes off had her swim nude in the hot tub in the Solarium...pool attendants didn't seem to mind...I did however not hit the hot tub after seeing that. :eek:

We were on the Liberty a few weeks back. It was a port day and the ship was fairly quiet. At around noon, we went to the pool deck to get some soft serv ice cream. While eating the ice cream, we noticed three people sitting near the hot tub eating ribs and chicken. When they were done they went over to the hot tubs, washed their hands and faces in the hot tub water, then went over to one of the blue deck chair cushions to dry their hands and faces.:eek:

I only hope the did this after a naked baby hot tub diaper "accident":D

• 3 weeks later...
Did the kiddos happen to read the brochure indicating that there are swimming pools on the ship? Unless you take them to the pools, the kiddos wouldn't even know there were pools.

Last time I used a hot tub was just prior to watching a dad dip his diaper clad kiddo in and out like a tea bag. Oh what fun they were having.

That's exactly the correct word...a tea bag...a fecal tea bag.

Those ships do much much more damage when they drain the sewage out into the sea. Of course, nobody wants to address that.

So I guess you can hold it until you get home? Sewage is nature going back to nature, what is it they are damaging? In reality, I assume they treat the sewage and discharge gray water, just like every city and town in the US and off load or burn the solids, just like every town or city in the US. :confused:

Archived