What to do in Cabo San Lucas?

Rasta Pirate

Cabo is a pretty simple port to navigate. Really only two choices for beaches. One is Lover's Beach out by Los Arcos and the other is Medano Beach. Lover's Beach is pretty but doesn't have any restrooms, restaurants, etc. Best bet for you is Medano Beach if you want to hang out for awhile. In regards to shopping, once you get off the tenders in the marina area you will walk along a boardwalk. Follow the flow of passengers and then once you start hitting restaurants like Solomon's Landing there will be roads/alleyways that will take you several blocks into Cabo and the shopping areas. You can stroll through the shopping area in Cabo in 1-2 hours unless you are the type that examines everything. I haven't eaten on Medano Beach but if you decide to eat in the Marina area where the boardwalk is my favorite place is Solomon's Landing. Really good food and fabulous margaritas. Also, not on the menu but I asked them to make them for me in February, are fabulous shrimp enchiladas with green verde sauce. Yummy, yummy!

Just a suggestion - once you get off the tender, spend some time shopping in the main part of Cabo as described above, go to lunch at Solomon's Landing and then take a water taxi (lots of vendors selling water taxi rides by Solomon's and all along the boardwalk in the marina) over to Medano Beach and spend your afternoon hanging at the beach there. You can do a search on Medano Beach on this board and maybe get some ideas as to the best places to hang out on Medano that might suit what you like.

Enjoy your time in the Mexican Riviera. I love it there!:):):):):)

Are you going to any other cities as well as Cabo? We were just there a couple of weeks ago, and it struck us that the shopping in Cabo was decidedly more expensive than in Mazatlan. I'd recommend shopping in another port, if you can.

Beaches, you'll probably want to head to Medano Beach, which is quite easy to do. You can walk along the harborfront and just follow that along to the beach, or hire a water taxi at the pier where the tender drops you off.

Archived