Videography on Royal Caribbean

I am going back and forth between using royal caribbean's videograpy and just having someone bring a camcorder to record the ceremony. I really don't want to spend $800 on video if it is not that great. What do you all recommend?

I don't know how the video is if RCI does it. I put the money towards a nice camcorder for us and had my sister record it for us.

The one suggestion I would make is if you get married outside (one of the explorer wedding packages) and you do decide to have one of the guests video it for you, look into an external mic for the camera. I know some of the newer ones have a bluetooth mic as an accessory. Outdoors we had a lot of wind due to the time of year and the built-in mic picked up the wind noise.

For us it seemed like a better investment to have the camcorder, but I also work with digital graphics and was able to do some things with the video, like adding in pictures of us growing up, pictures together etc. I don't know they do anything special or not. I know The Image Group does the photos for RCI I believe they do the video too. You can contact them directly and get information.

One other suggestion, is to bookmark The Image Group's website. When returning from the cruise you can print out a 'copyright release' for all the wedding pictures and any other pictures you purchase on-board. Then you can go to Wal-mart or Kinkos and have copies made for family members. We were pleasantly surprised as to how well the copies turned out and it does save you a lot of money and allows you the option of getting more pictures because you wont be getting dups out of your allotment. We also used one of the pictures from the reception for our thank you cards. Which were also made at Wal-Mart.

Best Wishes

I don't know how the video is if RCI does it. I put the money towards a nice camcorder for us and had my sister record it for us.

The one suggestion I would make is if you get married outside (one of the explorer wedding packages) and you do decide to have one of the guests video it for you, look into an external mic for the camera. I know some of the newer ones have a bluetooth mic as an accessory. Outdoors we had a lot of wind due to the time of year and the built-in mic picked up the wind noise.

For us it seemed like a better investment to have the camcorder, but I also work with digital graphics and was able to do some things with the video, like adding in pictures of us growing up, pictures together etc. I don't know they do anything special or not. I know The Image Group does the photos for RCI I believe they do the video too. You can contact them directly and get information.

One other suggestion, is to bookmark The Image Group's website. When returning from the cruise you can print out a 'copyright release' for all the wedding pictures and any other pictures you purchase on-board. Then you can go to Wal-mart or Kinkos and have copies made for family members. We were pleasantly surprised as to how well the copies turned out and it does save you a lot of money and allows you the option of getting more pictures because you wont be getting dups out of your allotment. We also used one of the pictures from the reception for our thank you cards. Which were also made at Wal-Mart.

Best Wishes

Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful:)

Your Welcome :)

I just read your other post from the Oasis Thread... and realized you answered my other questions there

if you would like you are welcome to email me directly. I would be happy to help you with any information I can :)

Archived