Have you sailed the victory in October

Tad510

Just recently booked a 7 day cruise from San Juan on the victory with a cat. 8D balcony for my husband and i, payed 1500.00, thought it was pretty good price. My question is ,for all of you who have sailed in Oct, did prices come down? You see i am booked as past guest, dont know if it is worth changing reservation to early saver because i think the price is pretty low now, but i also know most reductions seem to come after final payment.

I am a past guest but I booked with the early saver which is better. Everytime the price goes down you get your money back. I am sailing oct 17-24 on the carnival victory. I recommend the early saver special.:D

I am a past guest but I booked with the early saver which is better. Everytime the price goes down you get your money back. I am sailing oct 17-24 on the carnival victory. I recommend the early saver special.:D

Thanks Star, I appreciate your reply:)

My experience with cruises in the fall (which is when we normally cruise) is that when prices are first announced, they are rock bottom. Then they go up, and as you get closer to sailing, they drop again.

For example, for our upcoming October cruise, we booked at a rate of $429 for a 6B oceanview a year ago. They're currently at $779. The prices will probably go back down (but they would need to go down more than $350pp for the rates to go lower than what we actually paid). We didn't book using the Early Saver rate since we were booking so far out (and needless to say, a LOT of things could happen between then and the cruise date).

A little note about the Early Saver rate. Yes, you can get price drops after final payment, but if your plans change and you need to cancel (even outside of final payment), you will be charged a penalty.

Archived