Using a separate credit card for internet?

rjm11

My husband would like to check his work email while on our cruise.... can he use a different credit card (ie his work credit card) to pay for minutes? Or does it have to go on your ship board account? His work is willing to pay for it, and the easiest way is to use their card... but obviously we can't use their card for the whole shipboard account!!

Is there a way to buy minutes with a separate card?

I don't know that there's a way to specifically pay for it on a different card. We used it and you log-in with your name and room number if I remember correctly and it goes to your account. But I know that you are able to pay for part of your bill in cash or whatever so maybe if you went and had them charge all of your Internet use to the other card? Just make sure you do it before the last day of your cruise. I don't know of any other way to do it.

Like everything on board, these go to onboard account. I don't recall any place where it gave the option of supplying any other method. However, for my company, I just submitted a portion of my final bill with everything else blocked out and they accepted this.

They weren't inclined to complain since I was doing company business while on vacation....

after you do the charge through your ship board account, you can go to the pursers office and have them run this credit card through your account for the specific amount of the minute program you buy, or on the last night you can go to the same place and have them run the specific amount for the internet on this card. Its not that hard really.

Like everything on board, these go to onboard account. I don't recall any place where it gave the option of supplying any other method. However, for my company, I just submitted a portion of my final bill with everything else blocked out and they accepted this.

They weren't inclined to complain since I was doing company business while on vacation....

That is what I do. First thing I charge is the internet package, copy the top of the statement and put in the voucher.

All depends on paperwork your company deals with.

As mentioned above, you can go to front desk and say, put $xxx.00 on this credit card against your account.

Or do the hotel receipt thing. You could go to the front desk the first or second day and get a statement that does not show all your long list of charges.

thanks for all the suggestions... I might try paying the amount equal to the internet minutes with a different card right on the ship... sounds like that might be the easiest method if they'll let you do that.

thank you!

Archived