Carnival Splendor

Harbie

Long time cruiser here going on the Splendor next week. It will be the largest ship we have been on. We have been to Cabo several times. Next week in Cabo we plan to go to the beach to spend the day. We have done a glass bottom boat out to Land's End. That was real nice, but not worth repeating. Cabo is the clearest water in the three ports so you might want to keep that in mind if you are interested in snorkling.

We did the whale watching and enjoyed it a lot. This time went with Ocean Riders which is a great and fast boat. Unfortunately it was the very end of the season so we only saw one whale but followed him for about 30 minutes. We arranged it off the ship. Don't know when the season starts though.

Thank you, I plan to snorkel so I will keep that in mind about the clear water. Have a great trip!

Be forewarned the RIP TIDES are incredibly strong on the Pacific side of Land's End (the tip of Baja which separates the Sea of Cortez from the Pacific Ocean). Many swimmers and snorkelers die each year from these strong currents.

I dd the Cabo by Land and Sea. You g on a big boat to see El Arch rocks and listen to Jacque Cousteau's thing bout the Sea of Cortez. We then went to a glass blowing factory, stopped at a resort for a drink and view of the bay, and then off to San Jose del Cabo--amazing place to visit and the people were very friendly!. The last stop was Cacti Mundo a ecological cactus garden (cool!)

I had a good time....

It's a shame that port times are so limited in Cabo. I guess it depends on what you enjoy doing. We've taken the kids parasailing and the dolphins. Also the snorkeling at Chileno Bay was great. I did ATVs one year but felt there wasn't enough time. Last time it was just DW and I so we had breakfast on Medrano Beach, then hung out at the Melia Me's swim up bar. Drinks are pricey but after 11am it's 2 for 1.

march2010cruise812.jpg

If you plan on renting any water sports items (jetskis) you can get 25% off by taking a water taxi at Dock 2 for $2 pp to Medrano beach it drops you off at Billigans restaurant right next to "the office". If you eat at Billigans they'll give you 25% off the jetskis. Lock them on a cheap price before you show them the coupon. I think it was $60 for a double rider for 1 hr. Most places they wanted $100 an hour for a double rider.

We always laugh at the "Gauntlet" of vendors as soon as you get off the ship. It strongly resembles the gauntlet when you fly into San Jose Del Cabo for timeshares.

march2010cruise784.jpg

The line to get back onto the Tenders has always been a joke, especially if there are other ships in port. Just take your time and remember as Goose says... you're on vacation!

I dd the Cabo by Land and Sea. You g on a big boat to see El Arch rocks and listen to Jacque Cousteau's thing bout the Sea of Cortez. We then went to a glass blowing factory, stopped at a resort for a drink and view of the bay, and then off to San Jose del Cabo--amazing place to visit and the people were very friendly!. The last stop was Cacti Mundo a ecological cactus garden (cool!)

I had a good time....

Glad to hear that. I've already signed up for the same excursion:)

Archived