Ecstasy Review 3/-4/03

Ricksherry

Just returned from 5 days on the Ecstasy and have a few thoughts.

Overall: Good, not great but good. If you do not have expectations that exceed what Carnival advertises, then you have to be satisfied. They do a great job at what they do. We have cruised them before with our kids but this time we were by ourselves and it was good.

Food: I would say average. Lines were too long on the lido pool and also inside at the Panorama. Liked the salad bar and the frozen yogurt. Never ate the pizza, the deli or the dining room other than dinner. Very good waiters, MD not really any help at all so we did not tip him. Don't really know what he does. We asked him for anytime dining, he could not help us, we asked him for a table for 2, he said no. OK, it turned out fine but other than teaching the waiters to lip synch to a song....

Had the chef's table and highly recommend it. 10 people, very much worth it. Food was infinitely better than the regular dining room.

Entertainment: If Extreme Country and Dream Voyage are award winning, I would hate to watch the losers. Very dated (Shania Twain?) and made no sense. Dancers were very bad, not together, in fact, it became almost funny to watch when you really paid attention to them. Great magician, the Puck guy. Very good and funny.

Cruise Director: Brad was great. Very funny, personable, good with people.

Staff: Very friendly. Good service.

For what you pay and what they advertise, it is a good deal.

We were on the Triumph and followed you around to both Progreso and Cozumel. I know you had the same fantastic weather we did the whole week .How did you like the ship overall? Your cabin? The layout, etc.

We have been on the Ecstasy in the past, but not since the refurb.

Do they now have hair dryers or coffee pots in the cabins?

Thanks

No Carnival ship has coffee pots in the cabins, that I'm aware of.

We have been on the Ecstasy in the past, but not since the refurb.

Do they now have hair dryers or coffee pots in the cabins?

Thanks

Our ES had a pitiful excuse for a hair dryer on the wall. The PT I had right after the refurb had no hair dryer.

And no coffee pots on any Carnival ship.

Hey there! We were on that cruise with you I agree with your assessment! Esp. the tipping the maitre'd? What for? The guy never even came by our table and introduced himself... and he had 5 nights to do it. We found that very odd.

We really had a good time, though...

Archived