Elvis theme cruise??? cruising with the king??

My TA just informed me yesterday that this is the theme of my cruise. i was not aware of this when booking. has anyone had any experience with a theme on one of their trips? Is there going to be Elvis music everywhere and change the age range and all of the ship? I will be on EOS on May 22nd. We are two girls in our 30s and just did not know this prior to booking. Thanks.

Do a quick search...you should find out the group site. Last year we were on a cruising with the King group....the mariner holds what ..3500 people?? and their group was less than 100 or so..so we didn't even know they were there. Their activities are on off times and use little known areas at odd hours so they won't disturb your cruise at all...That is my guess...in these times I just don't see a whole ship being chartered by Elvis...and if it was...you probably would have had to book through the charter who booked the whole ship. My guess is you are ok.

Let me start this with - I am not an Elvis Fan -

We sailed with them on the Grandeur last year. They group was not that large - Grandeur is not the largest ship in the fleet and they did not take over the ship in any way. The group had their own events in the conference center and lounges before the normal evening events. There was not Elvis music everywhere and the tribute artist was only person we saw dressed as Elvis. Clo the cruise director did raze him one night before the show - he took it well and the bit was hilarious. I would sail with them again in a heart beat.

The "Elvis" was dressed up some evenings (including formal night) but you would see him around the ship in normal attire. He was a very nice man (his name is Streling Riggs according to their site) - he was cruising with his family. One night before dinner an older woman stopped him near the guest relations desk (she could have easily been my grandma and I am mid-40's) asked if he would mind taking a picture. She was honest and said I am not part of your group but have always been a fan. He stopped and posed with her - her smile was was unforgettable. It was probably her great-grandson taking the picture. Afterwords, while we were waiting to be seated in the dining room she was telling her family that she had always wanted to see the "King" and getting that picture was the closest she would ever come to that dream. It was a very special moment and he clearly made her cruise.

Archived