Cocktails

smudgie

:D

I keep on hearing about these Milky Way Martinis but didn't see them on the last cruise.....what is in them?? I love the chocolate bar version.

I believe it is Vodka, Baileys Irish Creme and Kahula, it is delicious!;)

I just returned from a cruise on the Royal Princess. On one occasion I asked the waiter if he and the bartender knew what a "Kir" was. The waiter did not but said the bartender had 10 years experience and certainly did. I went on to explain that I wanted what was technically called a "Vermouth Cassis" which is Kir made with dry Vermouth and I went on that the usual recipe for Kir is one part Cassis to nine parts white wine. The waiter returned with my drink and a bill for one serving of Cassis and one serving of dry Vermouth and that is pretty much what I was given, one full serving of sweet Cassis and one full serving of dry Vermouth mixed in one glass. It was sickeningly sweet. Eventually I got the manager to adjust the charge pointing out that other drinks with multiple ingredients aren't billed for each separate ingredient. After that experience I decided to stick with my standard Dewars on the rocks--much less expensive.

I'd be surprised if they didn't. Now Retsina, on the other hand....!
I wouldn't want Retsina anyhow... tried it once and that was enough. People do have strange tastes, true?

L'chaim from Tel Aviv. Andy.

On my first night on my first Princess Cruise last year (Crown Princess), I had a Champagne Cocktail at Crooner's Bar . . . fabulous!!! Since then, it's been my drink of preference on my cruises! Light, refreshing, tasty, not too expensive, and gives you just the right amount of "buzz"! Highly recommended!

Hands down my favorite drink is the Stardust martini from Crooners. I had several on the Star during our Alaska cruise 2 years ago. They muddle fresh grapes with a little simple syrup, add Grey Goose vodka and then top it off with Champagne. It is absolutely out of this world.

Second favorite - or typically what I drink by the pool is the Raspberry Fizz, followed closely by the Dirty Banana. I can't wait until my cruise in May!

Try the caipirinha.

Good one above! Also, something similar to it and one of my favorites...

the MOJITO! Wonderful and refreshing with rum, sugar, mint and lime! Yummmmmmmm. :p

My DH's fav is the Melon Coloda (like a pina coloda except with melon flavored liqueur instead of pineapple juice)

Mine is the Chocolate Banana (kind of like one of those frozen chocolate bananas on a stick with a kick)

Every night before dinner we would have a cocktail, one night we had martinis. They had a 007 collection of martinis and over a few nights we tried different ones, that was fun. We had manhattan night which I wasn't too crazy about. But I do believe I enjoyed the long island ice tea the most, and my wife liked the different flavored martinis.

All these drinks sound delicious. I just have to ask one thing......do the bartenders do a measured pour or do they just dump the booze in. We were on a Holland America a year ago and they only did one shot per drink and not a drop more. We stuck to beer and wine after that. Just asking, if anyone knows......

do they have a list of all the cocktails you could order, just in case you would like to try somthing new??

They do have menus but will make you just about anything. If you like martini's go to Crooners Bar and ask to see the martini menu. It has 50 plus martini's on it I think. It's how I discovered the Milky Way martini.

They do have menus but will make you just about anything. If you like martini's go to Crooners Bar and ask to see the martini menu. It has 50 plus martini's on it I think. It's how I discovered the Milky Way martini.

Which explains why I didn't know about it....I didn't know about the martini menu..and those wonderful sounding Milky Way Martinis.....My saliva glands start up whenever I read these two words...how bad is that???:eek:

Which explains why I didn't know about it....I didn't know about the martini menu..and those wonderful sounding Milky Way Martinis.....My saliva glands start up whenever I read these two words...how bad is that???:eek:

Too funny! It is pretty yummy. It was my afternoon treat when I got back from ports on the Sapphire. Went to Crooners, out the door close to Crooners and landed in a lounger drinking my Milky Way martini.

I'd love to work my way through that martini menu but I'm afraid I just don't cruise enough.

Archived