simpleman cruise jan 20-24 2011

bahamaman

has anyone on this board been on the lynyrd skynyrd cruise before?

i read in usa today that 2011 itinerary to grand cayman just announced and thinking of booking. any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I was on the very first Simpleman Cruise on the Carnival Fascination with 38 Special (Donnie had a family emergency and couldn't make it), Zac Brown, and others. It was a great time that is for sure. Skynyrd did an acoustic gig on the Lido that was awesome. On the cruise there will be two show times for Skynyrd, and their front band which for this one will be 38 Special I would imagine.

If you love Southern Rock and Skynyrd then you need to be on the boat.

Haven't been on Simpleman, but did do Cayamo two years ago, which is another one of Sixthman's trips. Different kind of music (John Hiatt, Lyle Lovett and Emylou Harris were the headliners), but it exceeded my wildest expectations. Sixthman does a very good job, and I would highly recommend any of their trips.

has anyone on this board been on the lynyrd skynyrd cruise before?

i read in usa today that 2011 itinerary to grand cayman just announced and thinking of booking. any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't personally been but a good friend of mine and her husband go every year. They absolutely have a blast and rave on and on about it.

There is a website devoted to the Simple Man cruise that you should check out.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if you have to book through Sixthman only? I am seeing that cruise available on the carnival websit for a MUCH lower price. Can it be booked through carnival?

Folks who just happen to be on this ship...but not part of the "group" will be excluded from the 'group activites'....

but yes, there will be other folks on this cruise. It is not a charter...

Folks who just happen to be on this ship...but not part of the "group" will be excluded from the 'group activites'....

but yes, there will be other folks on this cruise. It is not a charter...

Actually this IS a full-ship charter. All Sixthman cruises are full-ship charters. The cruise will be removed from the Carnival site as soon as the public on-sale begins, and anyone who booked thru Carnival will receive a refund and will be advised to reschedule for another trip.

Archived