Beijing hotel - suggestions please!

Billy and Charlie's Mum

Could I please have some suggestions on which hotel to stay in when we go to Beijing next year.

I would like somewhere that is not too expensive, walking distance to shopping and tourist spots and preferably with breakfast.

Any suggestions from people who have stayed in Beijing would be most welcome.

Thanks!

The Hyatt is good. Just remember that Beijing is very spread out and the sites are all in different areas. Therefore, hard to say the best area. It is best to get a driver, they are not expensive and will take you everywhere. We loved Beijing, but were so happy to see a clear day once we left. No "smog".

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt right off of Warfunging (sp) Street. It is a block or two from the Forbidden City and on the main shopping street. If you're adventerous (which we were) there is a subway stop connected to the mall that the hotel is in. We couldn't have been more pleased with the beautiful hotel and the service.

SAS

We're booked at the Days Inn Forbidden City. The price was really good (about $60/night), and there were alot of good reviews (also some not so good). We'll really only be there to sleep, so decided to go with this.

When choosing a hotel in Beijing, the key is the subway. As long as the hotel is within like 10 minutes walk from the subway, you are fine.

Peninsula is nice and Grand Hyatt is even nicer but both are expensive. I am going to stay at Grand Hyatt on a time share exchange. Grand Hyatt is nice but is like 4 or 5 times more expensive than Joy City hote. Days Inn is more affordable but personally I prefer something with a better quality.

My preference is Xidan shopping area. Xidan is the true but first class shopping area for the locals - much better than warfurqing, which is for tourists.

Go to http://hotels.english.ctrip.com/ to find your own. I stayed at Joy City Hotel above the Joy City Shopping Mall at a rate of like 500 RMB. The hotel is about 100 RMB by taxi from the airport. See this link:

http://hotels.english.ctrip.com/Domestic/ShowHotelInfo.aspx?Hotel=55411&City=1&StartDate=May-08-2010&DepDate=May-15-2010

Hi, there,

I'm from Beijing. I'll try to tell you whatever you ask.

Just as someone said Beijing is pread out, you can never say where is the best place to stay for easy shopping and visiting. For shopping, yes, Xidan is a good shopping area for our locals and we also go to Xiushui, a open market for silk, cashmere. Of course we have a lot of very cheap market, but I don't think it's easy for the foreigners because of the language.

Strongly recommend to try Peking Duck, I'm so proud of it, and you can try a foot massage or spa at a very low price but qualified service, very relaxable.

Depence how much money you want to spend.

Wre stayed in the

Novotel Peace, 3 stars but its like 4 stars.

Very good ubicacion, clean, good restaurants next door and we have been very happy.

The price was ok.

Thanks' date=' will check those two.:D[/quote']

Hi, we stayed at the Harmony Hotel which is near the Beijing Railway station and the subway. MacDonalds is also close by plus an internet cafe and the post office. Very affordable. They do provide breakfast and have a money exchange at the hotel. They can also organise excursions. Check reviews out on Asia rooms.com. :)

We have stayed at different hotels in BJ. Last year we stayed at the Park Plaza Wangfujing (subway is nearby, a Starbuck is at the front door!) Personnel speak fluent English. Nice, clean comfortable hotel. We plan to return in October for a 3 nite stay.-- Easy walk to the shopping area (Wangfujing). Then just beyond that area is the Forbidden City & TS.

We have stayed at different hotels in BJ. Last year we stayed at the Park Plaza Wangfujing (subway is nearby, a Starbuck is at the front door!) Personnel speak fluent English. Nice, clean comfortable hotel. We plan to return in October for a 3 nite stay.-- Easy walk to the shopping area (Wangfujing). Then just beyond that area is the Forbidden City & TS.

Thanks for that. That was one of the hotels we were looking at. We have made a booking there.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Archived