Need input on "lastminutetravel.com"

MamaParrotHead

It was a $4 charge on Mastercard............... not alot of money but just that you do not know this ahead of time. Apparently some credit cards have this fee and others do not.

LMT did offer to take away the fee if I sent them a copy of my credit card bill.

I was charged the same fee on my Mastercard (Frontier/Barclay's Bank). My fee was $1.42 and when I called MC, I was advised that it's a bank fee passed on for conducting business with a site that does it's banking out of the country. Of course this IS NOT mentioned on the site - EasyClick, which is somehow related to LMT.

Due to the amount, I didn't push it. But if I ever use that site again, I'll use another credit card to see if they too pass the charges. I just hate Barclay's so I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the minority for passing along the fees.

Had I not read it here, I would have never known:) You never know what you'll learn by visiting CC;):D

I booked my room this week using my VISA and was charged $2.92 "Foreign Transaction Fee". Here is the e-mail response I received from Last Minute Travel regarding the charge:

"Please note this additional charge has been set by your banking institution. As we are a global company and in order to maintain low service fees our merchant accounts are processed overseas, as a result, a foreign transaction fee may have been charged. We will be more than happy to assist you with refunding this additional amount provided that you can submit proof of the charge in the form of a bank statement. For your security, please black out any items unrelated to this charge. Upon receipt of this documentation we will investigate the charge and refund your account accordingly. Please be advised, refunds may take 7-14 business to fully process.

If you have any further questions, please contact us."

Since I got the room so cheap I doubt I will bother persuing having the $2.92 dropped.

My charge just showed up today. It was $298 and change, and considering I got the rooms for $149 and change (that was what the amount was on the $125 room, after city fees and taxes) I don't see any fees charged by my card (Chase). Just FYI.

Chase is what I used also for lmt, no extra charges. Looks like maybe the charge appears because of the card some use through a particular bank.

"Since I got the room so cheap I doubt I will bother persuing having the $2.92 dropped."

Wait til after you leave the hotel, then ask for the refund. Don't want to get on the "give them the crummy room" list! Besides, 3 bucks is 3 bucks. And it's the principle of the thing. It should have been mentioned up front. :(

I have looked at the Intercontinental through LMT, they are showing about $150 for July. That's quite a bit less than the Intercontinental website, but I'm still not sure I want to pay quite that much just for a place to sleep when I'm sure I can get the Marriott or Doubletree for alot less. Anyway, someone told me that there are 2 Intercontinentals...I think I matched the description on IHC's website, but wanted to see if anyone had any details....

This sounds like it. Insert your date to get the price/ accross from bayside

http://www.lastminutetravel.com/Page...calTgsProvider

I did a Google search and this comes up as the Continental Hotel. I have not heard anything good about this hotel. Not to be confused with the Intercontinental Hotel.

Yikes, you are right, it does say directly accross from bayside, just like the HI. Are they side by side?

Yikes, you are right, it does say directly accross from bayside, just like the HI. Are they side by side?

The Holiday Inn is not a two star. The Continental is a cruddy hotel just down the street . DON'T use it.

And this is totally NOT to be confused with the Intercontinental.:eek:

• 3 weeks later...
I booked the Epic Hotel on LMT using my Bank of America debit card and WOW, I was charged an $11.61 transaction fee in addition to the charge I was quoted! I need to switch banks.

You can send LMT a copy of your credit card bill showing the foreign transaction fee (with your acct number blacked out) and they will refund the fee. At least that's what they told me on the phone.

Archived