Scuba in Cozumel on RCL

jewelmick

What dive operaters does RCL use?

Should I go with them or pick one on my own.....I will solo, as my DP can't even swim and my DD is too young????

I hae just gotten my SSI Cert and have only dived in the Great Lakes......I'm REALLY looking forward to Cozumel and may even dive in Grand Caymen as well.

What's yer advice?:)

RC uses Sand DOllar Sports. I have done them numerous times and never had a problem. Most people on here will tell you to book your own and not to go through the ship. Most likely you won't have a problem if you do that. I live in NYC and since most of my cruises have been out of Florida, I do not bring my gear. Baggage claims and all. It does cost some if you are going to rent equiptment. That's when I figure out how much it would cost for the dive and equiptment, usually at that point the ship operator costs less. Some dive operators charge for rent equiptment, but no all. Dive with Martin does not. I have tried to book myself on my own, and have had problems booking. what seems to happen is when I try to book most of the time the dive trip I need is already booked for the time I need. Example I tried to book with DIVE WIth MARTIN and Scuba with Alison on two past trips to Cozumel. They were booked for the morning dive, both had afternoon but ship would leave by the time I would get back.

Sand dollar sports is pretty good. They offer water and snack on the Surface Interval back at the dock. they also have a videographer go on the dive with you. I bought a video once, to so my wife how great diving is there. She thought they did something to the video to enhance the clarity of the water. When I told her they did not, she WAS shocked on how clear the water is. Don't know if you want that,but it was nice touch. Video costs $60. If you get it, you have to meet them outside the port and pick it up. It was not a problem. They were there when and where they said they would meet us, well before the ship left.

Hope this helps somewhat, but whatever you do,MAKE SURE YOU DIVE. Cozumel is great for DIVING. The constant current around the island, which makes visibility perfect. YOU WILL LOVE IT

Archived