Time go board

smudgie

another question....if the ship leaves at 4 in the afternoon, what time can we board?

We get into LA about 10 in the morning...and head right over to the ship...does anyone know when they let you on?

Even though you may be able to board that early, that doesn't mean you will be able to get into your cabin that early. You may very well have to schlep your carry-ons around during lunch until you can get to your cabin. I've had to drag along my carry-on during lunch on board. But it really wasn't that big a deal.

Even though you may be able to board that early, that doesn't mean you will be able to get into your cabin that early. You may very well have to schlep your carry-ons around during lunch until you can get to your cabin. I've had to drag along my carry-on during lunch on board. But it really wasn't that big a deal.

On Princess, the cabins are nearly always ready when boarding begins at 11:30 or so. In 17 cruises, only one time was our cabin not ready when we boarded.

One once in 46 cruises was the cabin not ready and even then the steward put our carryon bags in the wardrobe so we did not have to cart them around.

11:30 is normal. If you arrive at 10 it is highly likely you will have to stand around until they get organised to check you in at 11ish

On Princess, the cabins are nearly always ready when boarding begins at 11:30 or so. In 17 cruises, only one time was our cabin not ready when we boarded.

I have a perfect score. Not once has my cabin not been ready. And you know we are usually among the first to board.

That is very rare for Princess. For my last cruise (out of San Pedro/The Port of LA), the docs said not to arrive before 1pm. We got there by 12:15pm (darn traffic on the 405, we would have been there earlier), were immediately directed to a waiting clerk to check in. After going through security, getting the embarkation photo, going onboard and to our cabin, we had carryons unpacked and were ready to start exploring the ship by 1:15pm at the latest.

Archived