Teminal Upgrades Approved

billet

This is great news, because it is blindingly obvious that the Princess terminals are warehouses with a small handful of upgrades. I thought the contrast between the dreary checkin area and once you get to the escalators to the gangway were striking.

Having a building designed from the ground up for cruise pax will be a welcome change.

SirWired

This is great news, because it is blindingly obvious that the Princess terminals are warehouses with a small handful of upgrades. I thought the contrast between the dreary checkin area and once you get to the escalators to the gangway were striking.

Having a building designed from the ground up for cruise pax will be a welcome change.

SirWired

Our local newspaper had an article on this today, but nothing was said about building new structures from the ground up. The only thing mentioned was improving four different terminals, creating 600+ construction jobs and lasting three years.

I never really cared if we used a so-called "cruise terminal" or if we used the warehouses on the busy days. The only cruise where we've spent any time at all in the terminal was in LA because we were there so early. Other times, it's been in the front, out the back and onto the ship, and I didn't really care what the place looked like.

I never really cared if we used a so-called "cruise terminal" or if we used the warehouses on the busy days. The only cruise where we've spent any time at all in the terminal was in LA because we were there so early. Other times, it's been in the front, out the back and onto the ship, and I didn't really care what the place looked like.

Exactly....who cares what the terminal looks like as long as it's efficient & does the job and the Princess terminals in Port Everglades work just great the way they are.

I suppose this is a good reason to increase the port charges which will be passed along to us no doubt. ;)

Thanks for posting this. Carnival has certainly been inspired by all of the money invested in the new terminal for Oasis (which is gorgeous, btw). For those who are dissatisfied with the Princess terminal at Port Everglades...you must not have seen it when it was a REAL warehouse back in the 70s, complete with no A/C. :eek: I was pleasantly surprised when I boarded there for the first time since the remodel - it's come a long way since the warehouse days!

Archived