Mobile - Spot of Tea & Fort Conde Questions

Ashpalo

Okay - here's the situation...

I am surprising my daughters with a cruise this August out of Mobile. I have already booked a room at the Admiral Semmes (bid on P****line for $55 & got it!!!!). I plan on taking the girls to Spot of Tea for breakfast on Saturday & then going to Fort Conde before going to the terminal. My questions for you guys are:

1) How is the food at Spot of Tea? The menu looks AMAZING!!!

2) How busy are they on a Sat morning around 8:00? Can we be out in an hour?

3) Most importantly - Can you see the ship from Fort Conde?

I would like to take them up on the fort and after they spot the ship say "Wouldn't you love to be leaving on a cruise today...guess what - YOU ARE!!!"

Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated! I've already learned so much from this community! Best resource ever!!!

Thanks,

Ashley :-)

Okay - here's the situation...

I am surprising my daughters with a cruise this August out of Mobile. I have already booked a room at the Admiral Semmes (bid on P****line for $55 & got it!!!!). I plan on taking the girls to Spot of Tea for breakfast on Saturday & then going to Fort Conde before going to the terminal. My questions for you guys are:

1) How is the food at Spot of Tea? The menu looks AMAZING!!!

2) How busy are they on a Sat morning around 8:00? Can we be out in an hour?

3) Most importantly - Can you see the ship from Fort Conde?

I would like to take them up on the fort and after they spot the ship say "Wouldn't you love to be leaving on a cruise today...guess what - YOU ARE!!!"

Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated! I've already learned so much from this community! Best resource ever!!!

Thanks,

Ashley :-)

Spot of tea the seafood omlet is amazing!!! the portions are huge.... not sure the age of your daughters , but the portions are huge, the raspberry tea is delish!!! It can be crowded on the weekends , and especially on cruise mornings...

Yes, you should be able to see at least the Carnival Tail and upper decks of the ship from Fort Conde, because you can see it just as you are coming around I-10, cause it just right there and it is before you go through the tunnel under Mobile Bay...

This will be a great trip and I love your idea of surprising them... Yall have a GREAT Cruise... I love leaving form Mobile cause it is sooo easy to get in and out of the terminal... and it is only 3 hours from my house... New orleans is a good port too.... but do not like where you park and leave your there... Mobile is lot more convienent...

Happy Crusing.....

Spot of tea the seafood omlet is amazing!!! the portions are huge.... not sure the age of your daughters , but the portions are huge, the raspberry tea is delish!!! It can be crowded on the weekends , and especially on cruise mornings...

Yes, you should be able to see at least the Carnival Tail and upper decks of the ship from Fort Conde, because you can see it just as you are coming around I-10, cause it just right there and it is before you go through the tunnel under Mobile Bay...

This will be a great trip and I love your idea of surprising them... Yall have a GREAT Cruise... I love leaving form Mobile cause it is sooo easy to get in and out of the terminal... and it is only 3 hours from my house... New orleans is a good port too.... but do not like where you park and leave your there... Mobile is lot more convienent...

Happy Crusing.....

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling that we'd be able to see at least the funnel from the fort. We've been there before, but it was a few years ago and the ship wasn't in that day - so I wasn't sure.

Ashley :)

Spot of Tea should be a great place for breakfast -- just a suggestion, if you get inside Fort Conde and decide you can't see the ship (but I think you can!) you could exit the Fort, cross Govt., cross Water St towards the river, into the Convention Center --there's an outside deck, hanging right on the edge of the river, where you could definitley see the ship. Have fun !!

Archived