Venice Port Parking

lonepeak

I am driving to Venice tomorrow (!) with my family of 4 for an overnight Friday in Venice before departing on a cruise Saturday. I reserved a parking spot at the Venice port thinking that would be easiest to have the car right there (with luggage) for Saturday when we are ready to get on the ship.

Reading the parking reservation, it appears porters take the luggage from the car when you arrive, then you go park your car. This won't work for us since our ship won't be there Friday. Has anyone used the port parking service? If so...

Will it be a hassle having to park and then get our luggage to the ship the next day? If it is, I could park on the mainland (cheaper) for Friday, then return to get the car over to the port. Or...just leave the car at the mainland and haul our luggage from there.

Any recommendations are welcome.

Two thoughts. One possibility might be to have your luggage taken to the left luggage office at the port, then retrieve it the next day and check in for your cruise.

The simpler alternative, I think, would be to change your reservation for port parking until the next day, then park for the first night at the garage in Piazzale Roma (a self-parking garage), which is only about 1 km away from the port. When you are ready to head to the port, simply drive the car that last km and park at the port, as planned. The garage at Piazzale Roma is across the street from a vaporetto stop, where you can get the #1 vaporetto and head down the Grand Canal.

Archived