Diving and leaving child 5yr on boat??

jetstrickland

Okay, nobody blast me, I am interested to know if anyone has done this. My husband and I have newly become certified and don't want to miss an opportunity to dive in Grand Caymand and Cozumel.

What do most of you divers do who have children. We have a five yr old son and only want to leave him so we can get some diving in. Sailing on the majesty 2/26 - 3/5.

Looking for others who've been where we are!!

Do you mean leaving him on the ship? ....or the dive boat? Assuming you mean the ****......I think that kids club does a great job and that you should have no trouble leaving your child in their care for a few hours while you enjoy a dive. We left our five and ten year old on the ship in Cozumel and went shopping. Then we went back to the ship and asked them to come and look around on the pier with us.....they were having so much fun at kids club that they didn't want to come! We got a pager in case there was an emergency and they needed to get in touch with us.

We just didn't want to leave our little guy behind on this vacation as we will be going to Roatan for a week alone for a dive vacation at Coco View Resort in July and I really need to work on my diving skills.

Thank you again for your post and I will be leaving him on board if I get a comfortable feeling from the child care offered on the Majesty. Again, thank you for your reply.

Hi there!

I also have a 5 yr. old son too and next week will be his 5th cruise with us. One of the biggest reasons we choose to take cruises for our family vacations is because hubby and I can have some alone time and leave him on the boat when we go on shore (we LOVE to snorkel & dive too). We have always felt safe and secure doing this. In some places we just don't want to take him off the boat because we feel that he would be safer on the boat. We have done this on every cruise with him and have had no problems. We have sailed on various ships and in my opinion Carnival has the BEST childrens program out there, the counselors really go out of their way. Even though we are not expected to tip them, I always end up tipping a few who have made my son's cruise even more special. I feel very confident that my son is well taken care of while we are off the ship.

So go have fun diving and RELAX, you should not feel the least bit quilty for leaving your child on board. The ships offer this service just so parents can have some quailty time together on shore, otherwise they would just close the childcare down until the ship started to sail!

Hope this helps!

This will be our first cruise. We've taken our son to Playa Del Carmen but I was left behind on the beach with my little guy while my hubby and a friend went to dive. We are hoping this works so we can enjoy diving together and still enjoy time with him too. May I ask you if you booked your dive trips through the cruise line, being first time cruisers and new divers, we thought maybe we should go with the cruise line.

Archived