Price Drop- not ES paid in full thru TA

mapman_2004

I see the price has dropped a few weeks before my cruise. I booked thru a TA, not Early Saver. What should I expect from my TA? Upgrade, OBC? They need to contact Carnival, correct?

The price for a 6D is cheaper than the 6B I have now. Past guest rate.

1st and 2nd person was $279, now is $274, but in higher category. 2nd and 3rd prices are the same.

Thanks!

Right, this is one big downside of the ES program. After the final payment deadline, those booked on other types of fares can no longer receive any credit for reduced fares.

Before ES, you could get credit for fare reductions all the way up until sailing on any fare.

The other big downside is that ES deposits are nonrefundable.

You could upgrade to the higher level that is now at the price you booked.

Bummer. I'm not entitled to anything? So folks booking after ES is no longer available get NOTHING?

Yes, you can ask you TA to get you upgraded. I wouldnt call that nothing, unless you dont want to be upgraded?

Yes, you can ask you TA to get you upgraded. I wouldnt call that nothing, unless you dont want to be upgraded?

You copied my answer to a different response. I think upgrade is great, not nothing!

How did you mix quotes from two different responses? Do you work for political ad campaigns? That's shifty.

You copied my answer to a different response. I think upgrade is great, not nothing!

How did you mix quotes from two different responses? Do you work for political ad campaigns? That's shifty.

It seemed to me you were just concentrating on the negative replies and ignoring the ones saying ask for a upgrade which Iv gotten at least 3 times. Never been turned down, but I go in prepared and know what I plan on asking for to make it easy for the booking agent.

As far as how do I mix quotes .. see the middle button, it has a " mark and a + .... click on that one until you are to the last person you want to reply to... then just click quote and all the quotes will appear. There may be a limit of 5 that you can quote at once.

It seemed to me you were just concentrating on the negative replies and ignoring the ones saying ask for a upgrade which Iv gotten at least 3 times. Never been turned down, but I go in prepared and know what I plan on asking for to make it easy for the booking agent.

As far as how do I mix quotes .. see the middle button, it has a " mark and a + .... click on that one until you are to the last person you want to reply to... then just click quote and all the quotes will appear. There may be a limit of 5 that you can quote at once.

Okay, thanks!

Definitely, now get on the phone

The little button next to QUOTE has a + sign on it - it's for MULTI-Quote. Click it on each post you wish to quote, then press REPLY and all of the selected posts will be quoted in your reply.

I never knew that! Thanks!

I never knew that! Thanks!

I started to use it when I used to post more on the Crazies. You win a 000 run, and 10 people congratulate you .. you dont want to post thanks 10 times ..multi quote works great for stuff like that. Or a bunch say good morning to you ... I really dont want to monopolize replys .. and have more posts than I need to ... (though Iv been accused lol).

I love the multi quote button.

We booked through a TA and she watched for price drops and actually found 2 and we got upgraded - from a 8A to 8E.

However - the prices have continued to drop and when I called my TA she called Carnival and they said I already have 4 level upgrade and that's all I can get - no OBC, nothing else.

Honestly, I had never heard of ES until someone mentioned it on my Roll Call. Something I will look into next booking.

Called and got the upgrade!!! WooHoo!

It took 3 phone calls from the TA office to Carnival before it worked. It took my persistance with the TA to tell them to call back. Honestly, the agents at Carnival either were lying to my TA, or my TA wasn't asking the right questions.

Archived