Bottled Water in Rooms

ShipShapeinFL

Last year when we sailed on the Ruby, we lugged our own bottled water on board. We are sailing on the Emerald on Sunday and really don't want to bring our own water onboard. Do they still put bottled water in the room and does anyone know what the cost per bottle is?

The tap water on the ship is purer than most bottle water.

I second this... except when the ship docks at a mainland U.S. or European port, it uses water that is freshly-distilled on-board. It doesn't get much purer than that.

We take 4 o 6 bottles of water aboard with us then refill them with the ship's RO water....it is a bit warm coming out of the tap so we just keep the filled bottles in the fridge. I used to worry as DW has a bit of a tender tummy when changing water sources and use to kind of wean her off the bottled water .... but don't bother any longer.

I bring empty water bottle or two in my carry on bag to refill on the other side of the security check. Those same bottles go to cabin and get filled from the tap. $3.95 (large) and $2.95 (small) plus 15% (considered bar item) is way expensive for water. Just off the Coral and the water was pure and delicious especially when left in fridge overnight. There is always ice in the fridge in an ice bucket which works also as the water is warm out of the tap. I always carry water from ship on shore because I don't trust local bottled water -- it is probably just as safe as home but why take the risk. All ship water seems to be wonderful and I tend to drink more water on ship than I do at home.

March 7,2010 on way to LA docks our cab was stopped by employee of RCCL and we were given a written statement that all drinks including water, carbonated drinks,wine, beer and soft drinks would not be allowed on the ship and would be taken by security. Not a good time to be telling people about 500 feet from the cruise terminal. Princess did seem to be allowing drinks to be carried on board. Just an observation not a comment. bt

I bring empty water bottle or two in my carry on bag to refill on the other side of the security check. Those same bottles go to cabin and get filled from the tap. $3.95 (large) and $2.95 (small) plus 15% (considered bar item) is way expensive for water. Just off the Coral and the water was pure and delicious especially when left in fridge overnight. There is always ice in the fridge in an ice bucket which works also as the water is warm out of the tap. I always carry water from ship on shore because I don't trust local bottled water -- it is probably just as safe as home but why take the risk. All ship water seems to be wonderful and I tend to drink more water on ship than I do at home.

March 7,2010 on way to LA docks our cab was stopped by employee of RCCL and we were given a written statement that all drinks including water, carbonated drinks,wine, beer and soft drinks would not be allowed on the ship and would be taken by security. Not a good time to be telling people about 500 feet from the cruise terminal. Princess did seem to be allowing drinks to be carried on board. Just an observation not a comment. bt

We do the same thing;

Archived