"Carnival Tours Belize" PRIVATE tour operator

copcruzer

On this very website, cruisecritic.com, there is an advertisement for a private tour operator in Belize called "Carnival Tours Belize." Their website appears very professional; however, I can not find any reviews for this company on tripadvisor.com, or anywhere else. Has anyone ever used this company before, and would ou recommend them? I am leaving for my cruise on the Carnival Valor in TWO (2) days, so any fast responses would be greatly appreciated!

On this very website, cruisecritic.com, there is an advertisement for a private tour operator in Belize called "Carnival Tours Belize." Their website appears very professional; however, I can not find any reviews for this company on tripadvisor.com, or anywhere else. Has anyone ever used this company before, and would ou recommend them? I am leaving for my cruise on the Carnival Valor in TWO (2) days, so any fast responses would be greatly appreciated!

Copcruzer, you will not find any reviews for them because even though they have been operating for many years, they are just now beginning to allow direct bookings from cruise passengers. The About Us information on their website reads:

"Over the years we have operated directly for many cruise lines and we continue to do so in the Winter Season. This summer we have decided to make our services available to all cruise passengers visiting Belize and by booking directly with us you can realize tremendous savings while securing the best possible services, the most experienced guides, and the reliability of a credible tour operator."

Copcruzer, you will not find any reviews for them because even though they have been operating for many years, they are just now beginning to allow direct bookings from cruise passengers. The About Us information on their website reads:

"Over the years we have operated directly for many cruise lines and we continue to do so in the Winter Season. This summer we have decided to make our services available to all cruise passengers visiting Belize and by booking directly with us you can realize tremendous savings while securing the best possible services, the most experienced guides, and the reliability of a credible tour operator."

I had the same question. Thanks. I am going to book with them and report my experience later.

• 2 weeks later...
I had the same question. Thanks. I am going to book with them and report my experience later.

Hey GI,

When are you booking with them? I'd also like to find out some information about their ziplining they are offering with Caves Branch Outpost.

If anyone has been there or used them please let me know your experience.

TIA

• 4 weeks later...

I would also love some feedback on this company. We don't sail until July, but I saw the ad on this site and am considering using them. Anyone who does, please post some feedback. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I Tried to book with these folks and did not have any luck. They answered my first e-mail and did not answer any follow up e-mails. I checked the terminal where they were supposed to be and no one knew them. They are not a reputable business in my opinion. I showed the e-mail response I had and no one knew the guy who responded to my inquiry. Be carefull with these guys!

I haven't used Carnival Tours of Belize but have been looking for reviews. They have three very recent ones on TripAdvisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g291968-d1759809-Reviews-Carnival_Tours_Belize-Belize_City_Belize_District.html

I've discovered some of the emails from tour companies get dumped in the Spam folder. Could that have happened?

I haven't used Carnival Tours of Belize but have been looking for reviews. They have three very recent ones on TripAdvisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g291968-d1759809-Reviews-Carnival_Tours_Belize-Belize_City_Belize_District.html

I've discovered some of the emails from tour companies get dumped in the Spam folder. Could that have happened?

No e-mails in the junk folder. What bothered me the most was that none of the security officers or other tour operators at the dock knew of them.

The "office" that they were supposed to have at the pier did not exist.

Warning: Do not use Major Tom in Belize. We just got back on the Legend on 5/30. We booked with him for zip line & cave tubing. The cave tubing was cancelled. This is where we should have walked away. Instead they told us we had time to do the Altun Ha excursion and the zip line. What they don't tell you is that they are on opposite sides of the country. Some of our group was only going to Altun Ha. Because of Major Tom's greed, he took us to both sites. We were on the bus for approximately 1 1/2 hours each way to the mayan site and then 1 hour each way to the zip line. Long story short....we made it back to the last tender at 4:02. It was supposed to leave at 4:00. They even stopped roadside for lunches, because they didn't want to refund any money at 2:45 PM. No one ate the lunch, because we were all scared about missing the boat. We told them to go on, but Major Tom had insisted they get our lunch, so he wouldn't have to refund any money. Please do not take the chance of using this company. The zip line portion at Jaguar Paw was wonderful. Our guides of Ronnie & Israel were great.

• 3 weeks later...

I was ready to book an excursion with these guys until i read these reviews. they have an ad at the top of this page, which made me think they were reputable. we may end up going with island marketing ,we have used them in the past. does anyone know of any other companies that do snorkeling excursions?

Major Tom is different than Carnival Tours Belize.

The cruise ships use Carnival Tours for their excursions. I can't imagine a cruise line using a tour company that is unreliable.They're also on tripadvisor. I've been talking to one of them via email (my original email went into their junk mail folder and they apologized profusely for not seeing it sooner). THey have been helpful and friendly in their emails and have been recommended alot on cruisecritic.

so with all that said, i'm going to book with them for my trip in Belize and hope for the best.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I have booked an excursion with Carnival Tours Belize on September 17, 2010, so I'll post a review when we get back for those of you cruising after that.

We will be going on the Altun Ha and River Wallace tour and are very excited about the trip.

I did chat online with one of the operators before I booked and worked out my questions and concerns and they put my mind at ease. I would say the best two answers that I was given is that they have extra equipment waiting in case of a break down, both boats and busses. The second huge relief was "They have never had anyone miss their ship that went on their excursions since they've been in business."

So, I look forward to posting upon my return in a couple months.

My wife and I have booked an excursion with Carnival Tours Belize on September 17, 2010, so I'll post a review when we get back for those of you cruising after that.

We will be going on the Altun Ha and River Wallace tour and are very excited about the trip.

I did chat online with one of the operators before I booked and worked out my questions and concerns and they put my mind at ease. I would say the best two answers that I was given is that they have extra equipment waiting in case of a break down, both boats and busses. The second huge relief was "They have never had anyone miss their ship that went on their excursions since they've been in business."

So, I look forward to posting upon my return in a couple months.

You'll like that tour....but I booked my through the cruise line when I did it. Have fun.

• 2 months later...

As promised, here is a short review of the excursion we took using Carnival Tours Belize. River Wallace and Altun Ha Ruins.

In Belize we had to tender to the port which was about 5 miles. It was quite a haul and during our tender it was raining and hot.

Just as we walked onto the dock, my wife saw my name on a sign that was being held up by our excursion guide, Donna.

We waited for about 45 minutes for the rest of the people that booked the excursion, but it was our fault we were there so early since I had forgot about the time difference.

We boarded a nice comfortable air conditioned Chevy van that seats about 10 and headed out. Donna was very good and clear with everything she said during the trip and we learned many things about Belize along the way. Belize is not as run down and third world as some would make you believe. I actually felt less secure in a 5 block area in Tampa when my wife and I went for a late walk. We saw many nice houses, but we saw some that looked like pieces of plywood nailed together on stilts as well.

When we arrived at the Ruins, everyone was very nice. We were approached a couple times to purchase a souvenir, however they were not pushy.

Donna gave us the tour of the Ruins explaining many things about the stages of the Ruins and what they meant and their purpose, it was very nice and wonderful to see. The photos that you see for advertisement does not do the site justice, it's much more spectacular than the photos look.

We toured the site and then at the end where the souvenir shops were, we purchased a couple to bring back to the kids we left behind.

Before we left the site, we ate lunch at the small restaurant just outside the ruins. We both ate the Chicken with Plantains and Red Beans and Rice plus a soda which was part of the excursion package. The food was excellent and now I want the recipe for the Chicken.

After we ate, we boarded the van and headed a short way back until we got to the river. We boarded the boat which is a smaller open air board with a canopy and we set out down stream. Donna and the captain of the boat stopped many times to show us some of the native habitat. We saw many animals including Crocodiles, Iguanas, Howler Monkeys, Butterflies, Bats and Blue Herons. There were many to see of each and it was exciting to be able to see them in their natural setting.

When we got to the mouth of the River where it dumped into the Bay, the water was too choppy for our safety, so Donna and her boat captain when through great lengths to call more staff to meet us at a closer location to shuttle us back to the port. We boated into a Channel where they found us and we boarded another van, not the same van. This van had seen better days however they explained what happened to it on the outside and it made sense at the time but I cannot remember what it was...sorry. Mechanically and the interior of the van was still in excellant shape and the air conditioner worked just fine. I do want to point out that it was about 95 in Belize while we were there. Now that we were taking this detour, we were also given some brief into about the city that we were driving through.

We should have been back to the port in time for us to shop for about an hour, but due to the dangerous waters, we were back with only about 30 minutes to spare. We went ahead and boarded the tender and headed back to the ship.

This excursion was a wonderful experience and I advise everyone thinking of taking it to take it. Have a great time!!

• 11 months later...

Archived