Please help a newbie with planning? :)

pikabu

Hello all!

Departing in May for our first ever cruise on the NCL Jewel. One of our ports will be Port Canaveral. I've made reservations for a kayak tour with FIN Expeditions.

I'm wondering what is the best (and most economical) way to get to that location (off Ramp Road in Cocoa Beach). There's a shuttle bus offered by the cruiseship ($17) but that only take us as far as Ron Jon Surf Shop. Ramp Road is still about 4 Miles south of that.

Should we take the shuttle and then try to hail a cab down to Ramp Road? (If we do this, are chances good of getting a taxi back and forth near Ramp Road?)

Or, should we get a taxi at Port Canaveral (any idea on prices? I called several cab companies and got mixed answers; afraid it'll be a different story when i try to get one at Port in person).

Or, should we rent a car? (It's me understanding that we'd have to take a shuttle to the car rental place and back, so not sure if this is most convenient).

Thanking you in advance!!!

-pikabu :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived