Anyone Tried a Segway?

Sirdar

DW and I would like to try a segway while in Bermuda in July. HAL offers this a a shore excursion but I'm wondering if they are for hire right off the ship from local vendors for less money. Are they available at all ports?(Hamilton, st. Georges, Dockyard)? Has anyone tried these contraptions?

DW and I would like to try a segway while in Bermuda in July. HAL offers this a a shore excursion but I'm wondering if they are for hire right off the ship from local vendors for less money. Are they available at all ports?(Hamilton, st. Georges, Dockyard)? Has anyone tried these contraptions?

We did the Segway tour at the Dockyard on our own (not through the ship). Lots of fun! And informative. You'll be surprised how tired your ankles/lower legs get in just 90 minutes. About 15 of that is training. I think the cost was $80.

And they now offer a tour in St. George too.

Go for it!

What a wonderful Invention it is.

The gentleman which is the vendor on the Islands in Bermuda is a swell chap too.

Doing the tour yourself is a easy access point which is at the Yellow Double Decker MotorCoach near the Pharmacy.:cool:

Paul from Maryland is so correct too.

As in any Sport make sure you do Leg Stretches to expand your muscles before ...;)

Lots of fun. Pay attention during training. Don't try stairs or going backwards at any great speed. [My daughter works at a park that rents them. They have both on and off-road types. The guys and gals that train guests are quite good on them and do some amazing stuff like riding curbs and stairs, spins, jumping ramps, going backwards full speed, etc. - yeah you can get hurt] EDIT: They actually have trained a bear to ride one too.

Archived