Star New Cabin Update

rsohn65820

Christmas week, we can either book an AJ for around $5700 for family of five, or an AB for $7800. That's a big difference, do we have any idea what we are losing or gaining either way?

No one knows exactly what they look like because they are not finished yet. These suites along with the AH and A2's are suppose to be completed by July 17th so I would imagine that NCL will post pictures on their website once they are finished. One difference that I do know of between the AJ and the AB is that the AB has a balcony and the AJ doesn't.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

rosey1946 - this is a thread that goes back to 4/2010. NCL changed cabin codes this past spring (2011) so you might be confused by reading this thread and the discussion of cabin categories. As an example, I believe an AD is now an SF. Basically all the codes have been updated so believe what you see on the NCL website. I hope this is the question you were asking.

Fiftyguy-Thanks so much for answering my question. I couldn't figure out the difference from what was on NCL's site and what the critics were talking about. I really appreciate your response.

Linda

Rosey1946 - Your question about the category change has been answered. I just wanted to say if you were thinking about booking a family suite (previously an AJ, now an SJ) on the Star - we've been in them and completely love them! Going again in September in the same suite as last time.

We were the 3rd people to use 12022 (according to our room stewards) and it was fun to be in a brand new room.

We had previously been on the Star twice and we knew what those floor to ceiling windows were like in the old Spinnaker Lounge and the area where the game room was, so we were anxious to experience those windows in our own suite. They did not disappoint!

Enjoy - whatever you decide.

Archived