Holy Land Cruise

hershkel

Hi, I am going to be taking the Holy Land Cruise in late May and was just hoping I could get any tips or helpful information from anyone who has taken this trip. I'm a first time cruiser so any information would be helpful. We will be staying off the ship in Jerusalem and Cairo and have booked private tours there. We are renting a car in Santorini and beyond that we have no plans. Any MUST see or do's would be so appreciated :o

Hi, I am going to be taking the Holy Land Cruise in late May and was just hoping I could get any tips or helpful information from anyone who has taken this trip. I'm a first time cruiser so any information would be helpful. We will be staying off the ship in Jerusalem and Cairo and have booked private tours there. We are renting a car in Santorini and beyond that we have no plans. Any MUST see or do's would be so appreciated :o

Lucky you! I hope to do that one one day. Check on the roll calls and see if there is one for your cruise...there may be some people there with some great advice.

Hey Hershkel, I am on your same sailing. There is a info exchange site that has about 30 people that are on this sailing. You can look over there and see the different things people are doing. I am doing an overnight in Egypt as well, but not in Israel. Am doing 2 seperate tours with Guided tours in those ports. Using Ramses for overnigh in Egypt. There are excursion list over there and you can look at them and join if you wish. I am doing Santorini and Mykinosis on my own, but using an excursion for Pompeii/Amalfi coast, which is one I think you might want to consider doing via an excursion. I have been there before and there is just so much to see and do there, I would not attempt that one on my own. Here is the link http://azamarquest.ning.com/forum

look forward to seeing you on board!

BTW- yes there is a roll call for this sailing, so you may want to join that if you have not already done so.

Hi Hershkel!

Welcome to Cruisecritic!

Another section of this board is the Ports of Call area...

If you haven't found it yet, go to the front section of the forums and then scroll further down...You will see Europe, Africa, etc etc.

Also, my husband and I have our own personal travel website, we will be doing the Holy Land in November and I have some information on all of the ports and links to websites that we have spent hours researching

I will provide the link below and then just scroll down until you see research!

http://ourpassportstamps.com/Our_2010_Adventure.html

Please don't hestitate to ask any question, that's what we are here for..

Buon Viaggio

K.

hi, i am going to be taking the holy land cruise in late may and was just hoping i could get any tips or helpful information from anyone who has taken this trip. I'm a first time cruiser so any information would be helpful. We will be staying off the ship in jerusalem and cairo and have booked private tours there. We are renting a car in santorini and beyond that we have no plans. Any must see or do's would be so appreciated :o

please post your findings, we are takeing a similar cruise on october 19th and all info will be helpful. Thanks

Archived