cruise/air combo

grammy122

Booked Carnival Spirit Hawaii cruise 4/29/05, need feedback from experienced cruisers of air/cruise. Live in Maryland going to West Coast. How lucky can

we be that they'll fly us out early in the am to be in Hawaii mid-afternoon the

day of the cruise. Should we be nervous or just plain relax? There will be five

adults going. And of course we wouldn't find out, till 30 days prior to going...

maybe.

:confused:

Grammy: Yesterday was the 60 day out mark for our 3/27/05 Hawaii cruise. I called my t/a and had her call Celebrity to get my flight schedule. We are leaving out of Ensenada. We are flying out at 6 a.m. on 3/27/05 getting into San Diego at 11:30 a.m. Then we have to get on a bus for 2 hours to get over the boarder into Mexico. Our ship leaves out of Ensenada at 9 p.m. It is going to be a long day. :eek: Leaving from the east coast, getting to Hawaii is going to be a 12 hour flight no matter how you cut it. I don't know if you can make it by mid-afternoon leaving the same morining. I bet you will have a red eye flight the night before. We are flying back to the east coast from Honolulu after our cruise is over with. We leave Honolulu at 3:30 p.m. (8:30 p.m. EST) and get into Atlanta at 6 a.m. EST. I bet that will be your situation flying over. Good luck! We will be exhausted coming and going but it will all be worth it in the end. :D

I did this cruise last April except we did it reverse from what you are doing. We went from Ensenada to Hawaii. We also did the air/cruise combo and we had a 6:00 am flight to San Diego. We also live in Maryland and our flight was out of bwi. I don't know how many airlines carnival uses but all our flights were with Delta so you might want to check their schedules to hawaii and see what they have. I booked directly with carnival and called them about 40 days prior and they gave me my flight info over the phone, you can also sign up for the miles. when I called they told me that carnival had 20 of us on that flight so I am kind of assuming that you will have Delta. I wouldn't worry to much about getting there early as hawaii's time zone is 5 or 6 hours behind ours depending on the time of year.

Mike

Archived