Reggies cave tube review

steveaaaa

I took this tour this past Friday 1/21/05. My wife,two daughters,10 other cruise critic sailers and my self. We had a private tour so we did not wait for anyone else.My group had to wait on board for the tours to clear.When we did get off the tender we headed straight out of the pier area and had no trouble finding them (9am).There was a nice van/bus and an old school bus. Per my prior emails with Reggis I was told that he had late 90s vans with air.We all ended up in what seemed like an old yellow school bus,the full size ones.

We left on the bus and there was no real need for air conditioning after driving for about a half hour we had a blow out or seperation of the tread on one of the tires.They stopped to check it out and it was one of the rear double axel tires so we continued.After another half hour we turned onto a 6 miles rock road that I thought was goping to shake the bus apart.We arrived at the park,were given tubes,lights,and life jackets.We walked down a path and after 5 minutes we had to cross the river to get to the other side using a rope.We then walked about another half hour to the river. We got into the river and we all started down it.The river was shallow in areas and very slow,other areas it was deep and quick.The actual cave part was at least a half hour long.We entered 1 cave and we were continiously in it.The guides were decent,and explained things along the way.They did a decent job. After we got out of the river we headed back to the bus and it took about 10 minutes.When we saw the bus,the hood was up:eek: . As we all changed into dry clothes they pour water into the leaking radiator.We eventually left and headed back for the long drive.I kept watching the temp guage all the way home.We made it no problem with an hour to spare. Great tour!! The money saved was well worth the adventure.I would go back with them again.

Steve

Steve, I have to agree--I'd tube with Reggie again! Jamai & Lionel were great--Jamai even took me into "Remedial Cave Tubing" (hooked onto my tube and guided me) when I just couldn't get my tube to cooperate! He was also a great Tour Guide on the way up, telling us about his country and giving us a lot of interesting information (cashews!). A fun, fun day!

Butts Up!

Julie

I was glad to hear that you had a good time with Reggie's tours. My husband and I are booked with them in March. Is there anything I should be concerned about, or do you have any advice that might be helpful?:rolleyes:

Tamara

I was glad to hear that you had a good time with Reggie's tours. My husband and I are booked with them in March. Is there anything I should be concerned about, or do you have any advice that might be helpful?:rolleyes:

Tamara

You will have a wonderful time! Jamai (Reggie's son) gave us a great travelogue on Belize on the way there--very interesting. Jamai and Lionel were very helpful and did a marvelous job of taking care of everyone on the tour. Here are a few little bits of info: You will walk for about 1/2 an hour to get to the beginning of the float--some places are a little bit of a challenge but nothing too strenuous. We wore old shoes that we were prepared to leave behind and a local lady was glad to take them off our hands. There is a building there so you will be able to change into your dry clothes afterward. We did keep our ID's/credit cards/money in a waterproof wallet and took it with us--all our other stuff (dry clothes, shoes, etc.) we left on the bus, which was locked. And we also took snacks to munch on for when we got back to the bus--we had really worked up an appetite on the river! I think there was a little eatery there (none of us tried it) and there were a couple of trinket stands in the area where the busses parked so we picked up some Belize beach towels and t-shirts. I think we were back to the port area around 2:30 p.m. so had time for a little shopping before being tendered back.

Have fun!!

Julie

Archived