Best fishing in Western Caribbean?

Mags65

My family and I will be on the Solstice this July and are stopping at Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan. We went deep sea fishing in Cozumel 2 years ago and my husband loved it and wants to do again on this cruise. I was hoping to do Nachi Cocum in Cozumel and fish at another stop; is there one of those other 3 stops that has good fishing too, or is Cozumel really the only port for that? (I know this is more of a broad question than just for "Cozumel" but there is no "Western Caribbean" board so I thought I'd try here.) Thank you!

According to Victor Bodden's website there is fishing available in Roatan. Having never been to Roatan before I cannot say for certain what the fishing is like. We too have only ever fished in Cozumel in the west and Barbados in the east/south.

As for Grand Cayman, it wouldn't surprise me if fishing tours were available but, like everything else there, I bet it would be priced pretty steep. Costa Maya is connected to a fishing town, Majahual, but I don't know for certain if fishing charters are available from there. Of course on both of my trips into Costa Maya I've taken advantage of Mayan ruins tours preferring to take advantage of the wonders of the Mayan world over fishing.

Archived