Braemar Feb 2011 - Is it suitable for teenagers

cosytoes

Although I have sailed many times with Fred. Olsen and thoroughly enjoy the experience I don't really think any of their ships are ideal for teenagers. This is especially true if they are hyper-active and want a lively night life. The one plus point would be that on the "Braemar" they might visit Caribbean islands that the mega-cruise ships cannot visit.

I am looking to book Caribbean Feb 2011 half term hols but wonder if the ship is suitable for my daughter age14. Any one experience travelling on FO with kids, is there enough to do and other kids on board??

Hi There.

Really would not recommend some FO for Children or Teenagers.

From our own experience and talking to other people I think they would feel really out of place.

We have just come off the Pananma Cruiuse and there was not one child or teenager.

Hope it does not put you off cruising but it is an a honest answer from our exoerience.

Keep smiling:)

Hi There.

Really would not recommend some FO for Children or Teenagers.

From our own experience and talking to other people I think they would feel really out of place.

We have just come off the Pananma Cruiuse and there was not one child or teenager.

Hope it does not put you off cruising but it is an a honest answer from our exoerience.

Keep smiling:)

Have to agree with the above.

we went to caribbean on Braaemar this March, we saw 2 children around 6 or 7 and that was it. There was one group of 20 somethings all one family who had a great time. We didn't see the night club open once it was a great cruise but not one I'd take my children on even now they're grown up.

Hi

I would say that Fred Olsen is great for sensible kids during the school holidays, ours prefer Fred Olsen to P&O mostly because it's so friendly, the crew always make a fuss of them and whatever other kids are on they always pall up with easily. We have only taken ours during the 6 week summer holidays though to be fair. Is it the Caribbean Cocktail to Cuba and Mexico you are looking at? As we are going on it - sadly without the kids as they are now 18 and 16 but we are going to really miss them, and they are going to hate us when the times comes!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived