Miami Airport to Port Everglades on the day of the cruise

rsharma1033

We will be arriving in Miami from Orlando (direct) the morning of the cruise at 8:30am. We then have to drive to Port Everglades.

Anyone know how long it'll take to get from the airport to the cruise terminal? Are there traffic issues at that time in the morning (it's a Saturday)?

We're debating between getting a shuttle (there's 6 of us w/ 2 kids) or renting a van and dropping it off at a location close to the port. The van rental option is cheaper and if we have time, it'll allow us to make a detour to a store to pick up some water/pop for the cruise b/c I don't want to lug it around with us from Orlando. Do you think if we go with the van rental option and make our pit stop quick, if we`ll have enough time to make it to the port for boarding? What's the latest we can board the ship?

I know it's recommended to fly in the night before, but I figured if we fly in early enough from Orlando that it should be fine since even if our flight was delayed that there is still a 2nd direct flight there arriving at 10am. Am I wrong? Should we be flying in the night before? I just want to make the most of our stay in Orlando so that's why I wanted to stay the night before the cruise.

Thanks in advance for your input!!!

About 30 minutes, 45 tops if you hit a bridge that is down, depending on how you go, and you have to cross the intercoastal waters that have bridges that go up and down to allow boat traffic thru.

Iv always just done the per person shuttle from the airport .. but with 6 and if you have lots of luggage, probably cheaper options ...there is a florida departures sticky board if you dont get answers here.

One other question, is the Fort Lauderdale airport close to the Port? If we rent a van I was thinking of dropping it off at the airport location. I've heard on here that some rental companies will then provide a ride to the port.

One other question, is the Fort Lauderdale airport close to the Port? If we rent a van I was thinking of dropping it off at the airport location. I've heard on here that some rental companies will then provide a ride to the port.

10-15 min. ride from airport to cruise terminal. In the long run and to avoid the hassles of renting a car/van, picking it up/refueling/dropping it off... then transferring to the ship from the airport, you may come out more cost effective and less hassles using a transport company from MIA to Port Everglades.... just my 2 cents for what it is worth !

It is very close ... it just seems like too much hassle, I agree with travelntreats, to rent a car for such a short distance, drop it off at the airport ..then you still need to get to the port (even though its only 10 minutes away, too far to walk of course).

Archived